movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby golfed yesterday with Lane Nishikawa.....producer, actor and director of "Only the Brave". We watched his movie and we both liked it. I don't think it's out yet....he gave us a copy to watch.

It's a war time story after Pearl Harbor and involves many Japanese/Hawaiians. Look for it when it comes out. Pat Morita is in it too. (wax on, wax off)

Hubby golfed yesterday with Lane Nishikawa.....producer, actor and director of "Only the Brave". We watched his movie and we both liked it. I don't think it's out yet....he gave us a copy to watch.

It's a war time story after Pearl Harbor and involves many Japanese/Hawaiians. Look for it when it comes out. Pat Morita is in it too. (wax on, wax off)

Uh....Pat Morita is dead. Is this a zombie flick?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Thumbs up on Avatar. Do not wait for the DVD, you have to see this on the big screen.

As for the 3D, it did take me a bit to adjust to it but it did not make me queasy.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Uh....Pat Morita is dead. Is this a zombie flick?

he passed away right after the movie was made.

Copy and pasted from Wikipedia (since I have no personal thoughts to add):
One of his last film roles was in the 2005 independent feature film, Only the Brave, about the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, where he plays the father of lead actor (and director) Lane Nishikawa.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks for adding that, Mr. Jingles. I didn't know that the movie was from 2005.......it really takes a long time to peddle an independent movie if you are not a Spielberg or a Scorcese.

I think Lane loves the true story and he was born in Hawaii and the story is about the Japanese/Hawaiian soldiers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't normally pick my movies based upon advice from our local newspaper's movie critic but he is also one of my customer's and he suggested "Up In Air". He was right--Clooney does a great job in this movie and the supporting cast lend themselves well to the plot. There are also a few surprise cameo appearances and a plot twist at the end that I did not see coming. This is not a must see at the theater but a must for your Netflix queu.

Yes, I do go to the movies a lot, but that is because I enjoy going to the movies. I had spent the morning shoveling (will have to shovel again tomorrow and Sunday) so treated myself to lunch and a movie (if this was a date I would have to put out:wink2:).

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We went and saw Avatar today, I enjoyed it. I was an original "Trekkie", I guess thats when that genre got my attention. The plot has been used over and over, but the 3D effects made the difference. A buddy of mine saw it at an IMAX theater, and it really blew his mind. We went to the early show, the theater wasn't crowded at all. It was well worth the ten bucks, I would see it again.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented the entire 3rd season of Big Love. LOVED IT !!!!!! Great show. I worked real estate in Salt Lake and actually had to find a home for a guy with 3 wives and numerous children. Polygamy exists!

tarbar66

The only movies I have been to lately were "Christmas Carol " and "Avatar". We saw them both in 3D. Great special effects and I think you are cheating yourself if you don't see them in 3D.

Avatar was a great story and it did not seem that it was almost 3 hours long. There was a family with some youngsters that sat behind us and after the movie started I never heard the kids. Any time a movie can keep kids from age 5 to 58 wanting more I think that's a great movie!

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
My son and I saw Daybreakers tonight.

Nothing groundbreaking but it was a unique vampire story amongst all the vampire movies they make nowadays, ad nauseum.

Good popcorn movie but one filled with violence and gore. Not for the little ones.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I turn 49 on Saturday and my son and I are going to have lunch and then go watch "The Book of Eli" which is the new Denzel Washington flick. I will watch anything Denzel is associated with as I know he is selective about what work he does and the quality of that work.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I too want to see this movie. I also want to see The Road, but I am not sure if it is out, or is coming out soon.

Both movies share a post apocalyptic story line, but where as a book that may save mankind seems to be the focus of one movie, the other movie seems to be a simpler tale of a father just trying to keep his son alive.

Nevertheless, these type of movies always facinate me. In that same vein, I am looking forward to Legion, even though that movie has the more obviously unbelieveable supernatural theme to it.