movie review

over9five

Staff member
Just came back from watching "Wolfman". Sir Anthony Hopkins was excellent, the movie was cast perfectly and the special effects were awesome. A "must see".

That did look good in the previews.

I finally saw Avatar yesterday, liked it a lot! The 3D effects were tasteful, not overly in your face.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Finally got around to watching "Zombieland" last night, very funny plus I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

That'll do, pig.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
First time I have been to a movie theater in 15 years. Saw "Crazy Heart" and liked it pretty well.
Movie theaters have improved in 15 years. Picture and sound quality are real good.
Not sure if it is worth $12 a ticket, maybe $4 or $5 dollars is more like it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I saw Percy Jackson and the Olympians last night. Kind of a Harry Potter of Greek Mythology. Fun kids movie and decent animations. I liked it but should have waited for the dvd. The only drawback is there was a bunch of teenagers that could not keep their mouths shut. The owner finally came in and told them to shut up.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched Anvil: The Story of Anvil, a 2008 documentary about a Canadian heavy metal band that never made the big time. Good movie, very well done. If you were ever a fan of metal (and even if you weren't) you'll enjoy it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Watched Alice in Wonderland yesterday. Tim Burton is a very talented individual and teaming with Johnny Depp was a smart move. Very good movie. If you do go see it make sure to watch the 3-D version.

Why didn't they have 3-D movies back when I was in college? I can just imagine going to one of those movies with a little MJ in my system.:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I went to see The Bounty Hunter today. This is the movie with Jennifer Anniston and Gerard Butler. He is a bounty hunter and she is a reporter and they used to be married. She jumps bail and he is hired to bring her in. Very funny movie but one that can wait for your next Netflix rental.

I think everyone at the theater had come to see How to Train a Dragon as there were only 8 people watching The Bounty Hunter.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented The Invention of Lying. Not very good at all and I like Ricky Gervais.

Also rented Couples Retreat. Just OK. I compare everything to Wedding Crashers now when it involves Vince Vaughn.

Also rented Blind Side. Excellent movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched "The Men Who Stare at Goats". It had some funny parts but overall it was kind of uneven. I do like my new blu-ray player though.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
There is a movie I just rented called "Hachi". This is a true story originating in Japan, but the story was remade in the USA starring Richard Gere. This story about a guy who finds a stray/lost dog at the train station raises it and does not live to see how loyal the dog was to him. I don't want to go any further but you've got to see the dog in this movie sooooooo cute. The story is sad so you dog lovers, bring tissues!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I missed "The Hurt Locker" when it was in the local theater so I re-joined Netflix just to rent it. This weekend is supposed to be cold and rainy, March madness is over so a perfect time to watch it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My neighbor has 3 of them. It's weird because both of those breeds also come in tri-colored too. The Shiba Inu looks like a red fox and both have the curled up tails.