movie review

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son was called in to work early today so we will be going to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. I ended up going to see "The Back-Up Plan" and am glad that I did. J-Lo was great in this movie and there were a couple of stars from years gone by in cameos. Definitely add to your NetFlix list.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My son was called in to work early today so we will be going to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. I ended up going to see "The Back-Up Plan" and am glad that I did. J-Lo was great in this movie and there were a couple of stars from years gone by in cameos. Definitely add to your NetFlix list.

Iron Man 2 was very good. I think I will go back today and see it again. I missed a little bit of it because of a phone call I had to take. The whole audience was laughing during parts of it. It will be worth the money to go see it again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Iron Man 2 was even better than the first. Mickey Rourke was an excellent choice as the villian. This one is a must see in the theater unless you have surround sound at home. Keep in mind that it is a loud movie.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm not a big fan of Gary Shandling but I got a kick out of the Sen. Stern role. Especially the last scene. That was priceless. What was he said about pr***cks? :surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dave, come on, don't tell me that you haven't gone to see any movies in the past few weekends. You go to the movies every chance you get. What's good, what's not. :happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched Sherlock Holmes, it wasn't bad. Robert Downey and Jude Law are pretty funny. If you're a fan of the original books and a stickler for authenticity it will probably give you heartburn though :happy-very:. Definitely worth a rental, lots of fast paced action and plot twists which is signature Guy Ritchie.

over9five

Staff member
We just watched "2012". I thought it was horrible. The requisite divorced couple whos kids liked the new boyfriend better than dad...

Disaster brings them all together as a happy family again. Jeez, could they have done anything original in the storyline???

tourists24

We just watched "2012". I thought it was horrible. The requisite divorced couple whos kids liked the new boyfriend better than dad...

Disaster brings them all together as a happy family again. Jeez, could they have done anything original in the storyline???

Amen to that Over,,,,, that may have been one of the worst movies Ive seen in a while

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have to admit that the special effects were pretty cool even though I agree that the plot (what plot?!) sucked.

I am debating whether to watch Robin Hood or Shrek today. I am on vacation and was going to do some yard work but it's raining (darn!). Actually, the rain will help get rid of the haze from the Quebec wildfires and we are about 2" below normal so we can use the rain.

A co-worker of mine was telling me he brought his family to see Shrek. There are 7 of them and it cost him $77 just to see the movie. He told me with popcorn and drinks he was well over $100. Yikes!

bigbrownhen

We took our 4 yr old to see Shrek. It is just as good as the others. There were some points during the movie that my little one got bored. They put alot in there to keep the parents entertained, but the kids loose interest. All in all, its a good movie, we will probably buy it when it comes out.

In our area, you can save money by going to matinee(before 4pm), saves about two bucks a ticket. If you want to see it in 3D, it cost about 3 or 4 dollars more per ticket. There are usually coupons in the paper for concessions. One of our theaters offeres $5 large drink and popcorn on Sundays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw Killers yesterday. Save your money and wait for the DVD and then only if every other DVD has already been rented.

There are some funny moments. Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigel comment on Tom Selleck's trademark moustache, which I laughed at but the young couple sitting next to me did not get. Catherine O'Hara (Home Alone) plays a lush and there are some funny cameos but this is one that I wish I could have a do-over on. The fight scenes are simply too predictable.

It is supposed to rain here all day so I plan on going to see Robin Hood.

Back to work tomorrow.

Rented "Peacock" the other night after seeing the previews on another movie. I thought it was a good story of a person with multiple personalities,stars Cillian Murphy,Ellen Page,Susan Sarrandon,and Bill Pullman.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Robin Hood was every bit as good as advertised. A must see at the theater unless you have Blu Ray and surround sound.
I've had a pretty decent home theater set up for a while, but I've upgraded it this year courtesy of all the OT I'm getting :happy-very:. With the right supporting equipment Blu Ray is a huge step up in both picture and sound quality, much more than I thought it would be.
Now I've just been adding movies from CNET's top 40 Blu Ray list to my netflix account. Both Master and Commander and Minority Report were excellent, even if you've already seen them. The battle scenes in Master and Commander were just phenomenal in full surround sound, my living room was shaking every time a cannon went off :happy2:.