movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think the only thing different from a Blockbuster is the Red Box doesn't get the new movies as quickly as Blockbuster. The $1 cost is great and it's in my grocery store and I'm there everyday. I am so far behind on the movies I want to see, Red Box will have them when I'm ready. Besides, I hear Blockbuster is suppose to close. Anyway, it was all very easy and a receipt was on my computer when I rented and when I returned. Pretty slick!

We have RedBox in our town but as long as it`s open I`ll stick with the local Family Video outlet that actually employs people from my community.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Blockbuster is in the process of slowly changing it's business model to more closely reflect that of Netflix. Why have a brick and mortar store with employees and overhead when you can outsource to a distribution center? You really don't even need that as more and more people are simply downloading the movies to their Wii or X-box. That's what my son does--he downloads to his X-box which is hooked up to his 42" flat screen. He can then watch it when he wants and doesn't have to wait for it to come in the mail.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Blockbuster is in the process of slowly changing it's business model to more closely reflect that of Netflix. Why have a brick and mortar store with employees and overhead when you can outsource to a distribution center? You really don't even need that as more and more people are simply downloading the movies to their Wii or X-box. That's what my son does--he downloads to his X-box which is hooked up to his 42" flat screen. He can then watch it when he wants and doesn't have to wait for it to come in the mail.
Does the movie expire after awhile or is it his for keeps?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess you can tell that I don't do that kind of stuff. If we watch a movie, it's either pay poor view or we go to the theater, which usually costs about $70 +/-, for my crew.

wkmac

Steve,

Also check out Google video as I've even been surprised at what's out there. More older movies than current but still surprised. Just recently watched a movie from the early 90's that I missed at the time called Mindwalk that I enjoyed a lot. No, it's not a sci-fi thingy either!

If you like documentaries, check out TopDocumentaryFilms as they have a lot of programs and documentaries like you'd find on National Geographic, History and Science channels so for the kids educational stuff, it's a good resource. Now it will include stuff like Micheal Moore's films, various conspiracy films and of course the ever present with us allegations of space aliens and Area 51 stuff so as a parent I'd use strong parental oversight. As much absurd stuff as you'll see, there is also as many educational and family programming as well and the science catagory is loaded with good stuff to watch. My son and I love watching stuff here and I learn just as much as he does and it really provokes thinking and learning for both of us.

I got a 36" flatscreen for my computer and I've found so much on the net these days that I'm rethinking cable altogether.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve,

Also check out Google video as I've even been surprised at what's out there. More older movies than current but still surprised. Just recently watched a movie from the early 90's that I missed at the time called Mindwalk that I enjoyed a lot. No, it's not a sci-fi thingy either!

If you like documentaries, check out TopDocumentaryFilms as they have a lot of programs and documentaries like you'd find on National Geographic, History and Science channels so for the kids educational stuff, it's a good resource. Now it will include stuff like Micheal Moore's films, various conspiracy films and of course the ever present with us allegations of space aliens and Area 51 stuff so as a parent I'd use strong parental oversight. As much absurd stuff as you'll see, there is also as many educational and family programming as well and the science catagory is loaded with good stuff to watch. My son and I love watching stuff here and I learn just as much as he does and it really provokes thinking and learning for both of us.

I got a 36" flatscreen for my computer and I've found so much on the net these days that I'm rethinking cable altogether.
Thanks for the info, wkmac, it'll be of good use when I upgrade from windows 95 and my old 2-13 channel TV, ("Honey can you get up and change the channel"):surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Found a Netflix envelope and movie (Angels & Demons) in the middle of our street this morning....probably fell off somebody's bumper....that's how I lost my favorite mug too. Put it in the mailbox for whoever lost it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Found a Netflix envelope and movie (Angels & Demons) in the middle of our street this morning....probably fell off somebody's bumper....that's how I lost my favorite mug too. Put it in the mailbox for whoever lost it.
Great job more, karma will shine on you, sistah.