movie review

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We just watched Stranded, it's pretty much all survivor interviews and very intense. If you're at all interested in true life survival stories I would recommend it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Went to see "The American" this afternoon. It started really slow, was hard to follow and the ending didn't make sense. There was also an older gentleman sitting toward the front of the theater who left his hearing aids at home and relied on his wife to tell him what was being said throughout the movie. He would also shout out loud when something happened or was going to happen. There was a scene where Clooney shot these 2 men and then surprisingly shot the woman he was with and the older gentleman exclaimed "He shot her. Why did he shoot her?" We all kind of chuckled but all wished he would shut up.

Don't waste your money on this one.
From reading the reviews I was getting the feeling that this one was gonna be a let down. It's too bad because I like Clooney.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just saw "The Town". Ben Affleck finally got it right. This was an excellent movie, full of action and twists and, of course, his love for Boston. I highly recommend this one.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched a very cool documentary on arm wrestling called Pulling John. The three guys who are the focus of the film are all really interesting and complex and even if you're not into the sport (I'm not), this is definitely worth a Netflix rental.

[video=youtube;xgjShXQGSAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgjShXQGSAk[/video]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Wall Street II" was every bit as good as advertised and worth the wait. This must have been filmed prior to or during the very early stages of Michael Douglas' cancer as there is no evidence of it in his voice. I went in to this thinking Shia Lebeouf was way over his head but he more than held his own. Very appropriate cameo and a very brief glimpse of a package car.

This films differs from the first in that it focuses more on making a statement regarding the reason(s) behind our financial crisis rather than on Gecko himself.

I highly recommend this one but you don't have to go to the theater to enjoy it--it can wait for your Netflix.

The previews were for four what I think will be very good movies coming out before Christmas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Saw Robin Hood the other night. I liked it. Really I like most of Russell Crowes movies, he seems to fit his roles very well.

He has a new one coming out where he is a cop, his wife is sent to jail and he tries to help her escape.

My daughter was home for the weekend and she wanted to see "You Again" so we went today. It was OK but not worth a trip to the theater.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
He has a new one coming out where he is a cop, his wife is sent to jail and he tries to help her escape.

My daughter was home for the weekend and she wanted to see "You Again" so we went today. It was OK but not worth a trip to the theater.
Hopefully, the time spent with your Daughter more than made up for the movie.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We saw Resident Evil: Life After last night. Lots of action and good special effects. Probably just as good at home with a good surround sound.