movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Sacrifice" the other night. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Christian Slater (as a priest) and the movie wasn't worth the dollar it cost to rent it!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw "The Conspirator" today. It was a movie, directed by Robert Redford, based on the assasination of President Lincoln. Very historically accurate, well written, expertly cast. I recommend this one to wkmac, browbaggin, Jones, Hoaxster, Scratch and whomever else is a history buff when it comes out on Netflix.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Roommates" last night. It was sufficiently spooky, but predictable. It reminded me of Bridget Fonda's movie, Single White Female, from years ago.
This new movie is about a college dorm roommate though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son and I went to see "Hangover II" today. It was actually very good---very, very raunchy, but very good. Much like the first one, the boys get lost on their way to a wedding. The music is good and there is a somewhat predictable cameo at the end.

DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS TO SEE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Keep seeing the previews for Bad Teacher with Cameron Diaz.....that looks funny. Reminds me of the Bad Santa character.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Dilemma" and watched it last night. It was pretty good. Slow at times, but OK. It's with Kevin James and Vince Vaughn.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented "Seconds Apart". Weak story, but had some gory stuff in it. Twin boys (teenaged) who are killers. They flash stuff quickly and make you jump. I wouldn't pay theater prices to see it, but for a buck, it's OK.

We rented "Dilemma" and watched it last night. It was pretty good. Slow at times, but OK. It's with Kevin James and Vince Vaughn.

I read the cover before renting and it`s touted as being hilarious. Hilarious? I thought it was a drama. Sure there were a handful of funny bits scattered throughout but to call it a comedy is false advertising.

One huge bonus though is that Jennifer Connelly sets a new record for hotness in it.

over9five

Staff member
One huge bonus though is that Jennifer Connelly sets a new record for hotness in it.

Had to Google her:

31.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Company Men" and watched it tonight. Loved it!! It's a depressing, sad story but it portrays exactly what's going on out there today with the job market and what people do to survive. Stars Ben Affleck, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Costner & Craig T. Nelson.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He probably got his inspiration from watching elephants....trunk grabbing tail and marching in the circus parade.....then he began linking other things. I'll bet he had the game Barrel of Monkeys" as a child.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby talked to 2 golfers today....one a senior and a young guy and both had seen Super 8 and were raving about how good it was. 'Excellent' was used several times by both men. One guy said the train wreck was fantastic!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't cheat, do the work first.............

Be honest and don't look at the movie list below till you have done the math!

Try this test and find out what movie is your favorite.

This amazing math quiz can likely predict which of 18 movies you would enjoy the most.

It really works!

Movie Test:

Pick a number from 1-9.

Multiply by 3.

Add 3.

Multiply by 3 again.

Now add the two digits of your answer together to find your predicted favorite movie in the list of 18 movies below.

Movie List:
out of sight below

1. Gone With The Wind

2. E.T.

3. Blazing Saddles

4. Star Wars

5. Forrest Gump

6. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

7. Jaws

8. Grease

9. The Obama farewell speech of 2012

10. Casablanca