movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Less more would be more than many of us could hope for.

Well, by the end of Saturday (8-20), I was LESS than the number you bet I would be at. You bet a week's pay and you lost. So, my piggy bank will have MORE. so I'll be anxiously checking my mailbox for you to pay up.

For the bet, see............in the Current Events Thread, under '2010 Census. To Mail or not to mail".......posts # 58, 59 & 60.

bigbrownhen

You two lost me at "less"....lol

Anywho....I would like to see "The Help", but I have heard such great reviews about the book that Im going to read it first before I see the movie. Both are supposed to be great.

bigbrownhen

We took munchkin to see Kung Fu Panda II. It is a great little family movie with enough material to keep older kids and adults entertained. Great idea for a "family/grandkids date. We hadn't see the first one yet, so we bought it a few weeks back. It's not really necessary to see it first, but there is some backstory in the second one. Both are very good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby and I rented "Lincoln Lawyer" the other night from Redbox. Good movie, predictable at times, but still entertaining enough.

There was a movie too? I just watched Matthew for 2 hours !! He was sexiest when he was eating crabs with S.J.P. in Failure To Launch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I went to see "One Day" this afternoon. It was not at all what I thought it would be and I walked out after 10 minutes. Thank goodness I had used a free ticket for this one. I guess my first clue should have been that I was the only guy in an audience of at least 30. Nothing against Anne Hathaway, whom I like as an actress, but this one had Chick Flick written all over it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I went to see "One Day" this afternoon. It was not at all what I thought it would be and I walked out after 10 minutes. Thank goodness I had used a free ticket for this one. I guess my first clue should have been that I was the only guy in an audience of at least 30. Nothing against Anne Hathaway, whom I like as an actress, but this one had Chick Flick written all over it.
Had you stayed, you may have met Miss right.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I did something I haven't done in a long time, I went to a grown up movie. I saw The Help, which I found to be quite a good movie. I disagree with Upstate, in that, I think Cicely Tyson was made up to be that old, and isn't really in that shape. She's old, this wasn't Root's.