movie review

bigbrownhen

We got "True Grit" from redbox this weekend. Hubby and I were both disappointed in it. We liked the original with John Wayne alot better. The young lady in the new version gives a great performance though. She makes the entire movie. There are several "seasoned" actors in it, but she outshines them all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "Julie & Julia" last night. I remember it being the on board movie for one of our flights to Hawaii and I didn't watch it. I actually enjoyed it. Meryl Streep did a good job portraying Julia Childs.

over9five

Staff member
We got "True Grit" from redbox this weekend. Hubby and I were both disappointed in it. We liked the original with John Wayne alot better. The young lady in the new version gives a great performance though. She makes the entire movie. There are several "seasoned" actors in it, but she outshines them all.

Agree with all of that!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I watched "Insomnia" on Netflix during the tropical storm on Sunday. Al Pacino and Robin Williams co-star in this one about a murder in Alaska. It was a good movie but not one I would go to the theater to see.

I watched "Insomnia" on Netflix during the tropical storm on Sunday. Al Pacino and Robin Williams co-star in this one about a murder in Alaska. It was a good movie but not one I would go to the theater to see.

It has one of my crushes, Maura Tierney, in it. When it first came out I thought it was a movie about feeder drivers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It has one of my crushes, Maura Tierney, in it. When it first came out I thought it was a movie about feeder drivers.
She played my favorite character on E.R. (Dr. Abby Lockhart). She was due to be in 'Parenthood', but had to have treatment for breast cancer and she was replaced.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Any relation to, Gene Tierney???

large_tierney.jpg