movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lazy, Labor Day weekend and we watched Grease and Grease 2. What a difference. The #2 was sooooo bad and the songs not memorable.......(quick, name one!)

On the original Grease, we were on the computer to see if some of the stars were still alive.....like Sid Caesar, Dotie Goodman, Eve Arden, Edd Byrnes, etc. Seems like we knew the words to the songs too.

The only sequel that I recall being as good or better than the original is Godfather 2.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Lazy, Labor Day weekend and we watched Grease and Grease 2. What a difference. The #2 was sooooo bad and the songs not memorable.......(quick, name one!)

On the original Grease, we were on the computer to see if some of the stars were still alive.....like Sid Caesar, Dotie Goodman, Eve Arden, Edd Byrnes, etc. Seems like we knew the words to the songs too.

The only sequel that I recall being as good or better than the original is Godfather 2.
As!

I'm out the door in a bit to go see Crazy Stupid Love. My thoughts to follow.

Did you change your font color or am I getting cataracts?

over9five

Staff member
Did you change your font color or am I getting cataracts?

My son-in-law elect just had laser. The description of what they did was pretty gross, but it sure fixed his vision.

Good luck with the cataracts, Cach. More's post looks like all her others.

bigbrownhen

Went to see "Zookeeper" this weekend. Very funny. Good one for the kids and parents. We also rented "Limitless" from redbox. Good flick all in all. Something different for once.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Okay, so as I'm walking out the door at 4:05 to see my 4:15 movie, I get stung by a wasp. The sting hurt pretty bad, but being pressed for time, I calmly walk back inside, grab the Raid, and had a "holy way" on the Wasp nest. It was like I used a nuculear, LOL, (W), weapon. I then proceeded to my movie, which turned out to be pretty darn good. I give Crazy, Stupid, Love a big thumbs up. It was funny seeing the eldest daughter, Emma something or other, who I had seen last weekend, in The Help.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Entitled" tonight. It wasn't horrible, but it seems when Ray Liotta makes a movie now, it's not too good. Goodfellas is still his best one !!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Okay, so as I'm walking out the door at 4:05 to see my 4:15 movie, I get stung by a wasp. The sting hurt pretty bad, but being pressed for time, I calmly walk back inside, grab the Raid, and had a "holy way" on the Wasp nest. It was like I used a nuculear, LOL, (W), weapon. I then proceeded to my movie, which turned out to be pretty darn good. I give Crazy, Stupid, Love a big thumbs up. It was funny seeing the eldest daughter, Emma something or other, who I had seen last weekend, in The Help.
I'm tellin!!!! You used a WMD! :raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hope you make it Drive. I want to see it too. I live vicariously.:happy-very:

Sorry, went to see "Straw Dogs". Wow--a very intense movie. James Woods leads a cast of relative unknowns in a movie that kept me on the edge of my seat and had me hiding my eyes a few times. The plot involves a former high school cheerleader and her husband moving back to her hometown in Mississippi from Los Angeles so that he can work on his book. They move in to the home she grew up in which needs work due to a hurricane. They hire a crew which is led by her former boyfriend who still has feelings for her. Her husband is like a fish out of water among the good old boys. I think the movers left the box marked "bras" in L.A. I don't want to spoil it if anyone wants to go see it but you need to pay attention when they are setting up the bear trap.

Rented "Hesher". Funny and sad,dealing with the death of loved ones,heavy metal music,grandma smoking dope, Natalie Portman, Joseph Gordon-Leavett, Raihn Wilson. Two thumbs up.