movie review

Too bad, cuz she looks great!

Salma-Hayek-Mutation-53438.jpg

That was the best pic of her you could find?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "American Werewolf in London" for the umpteenth time. I'm still amazed at the pretty good effects for a 31 year old movie!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Joyful Noise" and watched it tonight. I like this movie and was able to watch it with my 2 granddaughters and not have to hide my face because of embarassing situations or langage..
The young kids, Queen Latifah's daughter in the movie and Dolly's grandson in the movie were both fantastic singers , as are Latifah and Dolly.
Thoroughly enjoyed the music and the story.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented "In Time" and watched it tonight. I liked it....very futuristic where time is everything. Justin Timberlake kissing a girl....wow that was a stretch for him!

It's funny, I was telling my granddaughter about 'Christine' and 'Cujo' and they are both on tonight on Spike TV.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Escaped the heat this afternoon to watch "Moonrise Kingdom". This is a story about two misunderstood teens who run away and the local search party who try to find them. Bruce Willis, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Ed Norton and Harvey Keitel lead a cast of relative unknowns in this delightful movie. I really enjoyed this one and highly recommend it when it comes out on Netflix.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well Friday the 13th is somewhat of a holiday at our house scary movies popcorn and couch time. Lady in black was pretty freaking scary but I'm a pansy when it comes to scary things regardless good movie I thought.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's going to be a sequel to Twins, tentatively called Triplets with Arnold, DeVito and Murphy.
I haven't seen it because it isn't written yet, so deal with it !!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American remake) last night, great film very intense and a little graphic. We're gonna check out the original Swedish version next.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American remake) last night, great film very intense and a little graphic. We're gonna check out the original Swedish version next.
I liked the way she took care of her case worker(?)....I think that's what he was.

wkmac

Watched an interesting film on Netflix, The War on Kids.

Screening Agora tomorrow night and looking forward to see how Hollywood tells the story of Hypatia and what many think is the beginning of what is known as the Dark Ages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"The Dark Knight Rises" is a must see. Best of the trilogy. Anne Hathaway would rival Hallie Berry as sexiest Catwoman. The special effects are amazing. It's a little long at 165 minutes but well worth it.

Went with my oldest son to Amazing Spiderman and Dark Knight Rises.

A.S. was and good reboot of the series, heavy on the CGI and strong in it's comic book nature.

D.K.R. was complex and dark and delved deep behind the scenes showing that sacrifices are made in the support of a belief. I do feel that Tom Hardy was wasted in the role of Bane. He's a fine actor but between the facemask and muffled vocals they could have placed any muscular person in that role. Of the 3 Batman films by Christopher Nolan this one is #2 behind The Dark Knight but ahead of Batman Begins. Still very good though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"The Dark Knight Rises" is a must see. Best of the trilogy. Anne Hathaway would rival Hallie Berry as sexiest Catwoman. The special effects are amazing. It's a little long at 165 minutes but well worth it.
Adam West was Batman & Burt Ward was Robin on TV. It was a hero show with nothing dark about it......Burgess Meredith was Penguin, Cesar Romero was Joker, Julie Newmar was Catwoman, Frank Gorshin was Riddler and Vincent Price was Egghead. They will forever be frozen in time for me. I don't like the subsequent stuff and refuse to watch.

It never "got dark" for me.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Adam West was Batman & Burt Ward was Robin on TV. It was a hero show with nothing dark about it......Burgess Meredith was Penguin, Cesar Romero was Joker, Julie Newmar was Catwoman, Frank Gorshin was Riddler and Vincent Price was Egghead. They will forever be frozen in time for me. I don't like the subsequent stuff and refuse to watch.

It never "got dark" for me.
That TV show was fun but it was a departure from the way Batman was originally written which was definitely as a dark, kinda brooding figure. The Chris Nolan movies are really a more accurate portrayal of the original character than the TV show was.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That TV show was fun but it was a departure from the way Batman was originally written which was definitely as a dark, kinda brooding figure. The Chris Nolan movies are really a more accurate portrayal of the original character than the TV show was.

...and there are no KAPOW's or BAM's flashing on the screen during the fighting sequences...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just spent an afternoon watching West Side Story for the 20th time (?)

I had the album with all the songs when I was in high school. I still know all the words. Favorite is Officer Krupke. It cost $6 mil to make and grossed over $43 mil.

My biggest question is.....couldn't they find male & female leads who could actually so their own singing?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Saw The Dark Knight Rises yesterday and thought it lived up to it's billing, excellent movie. The story line was pretty clearly lifted from Frank Miller's definitive comic The Dark Knight Returns, albeit with a different cast of characters and a few less subplots. Good stuff.