movie review

over9five

Staff member
This afternoon was the new James Bond movie "Skyfall". The action begins the moment the movie starts and before you know it the credits are rolling on the screen. A perfect blend of action, special effects, gadgets, and drama. This is easily the best of the Daniel Craig "Bonds" and is a must-see.

We saw it today too,and thought it was awesome. I think it went far beyond the best Daniel Craig "Bond", and was probably THE best Bond movie.
It was also a stand alone movie. You could go having never seen another Bond (Do people like this exist???), and you would still love it.
There is bad news (I think) in it, which I did not hear about before I saw it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This afternoon was the new James Bond movie "Skyfall". The action begins the moment the movie starts and before you know it the credits are rolling on the screen. A perfect blend of action, special effects, gadgets, and drama. This is easily the best of the Daniel Craig "Bonds" and is a must-see.
I think you just gave me a good idea for our day.

As far as Bond's go, I think that Daniel Craig is the best Bond of all of them. That's not to discount Connery or any of the others but I think Craig nails the character better. His intensity, charisma and charm. A young Connery was not nearly as intense as Craig is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

dilli, do us a favor if you do go to see it---try to pay attention as to how the movie ends. I saw a Top Secret file being slid across the table which hinted to me that there is another movie yet to come while over said he saw the words "James Bond will return", which I don't remember seeing.

You will enjoy the movie--it is non-stop action.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's obvious by the way it ended that the series was not over. I just didn't see the "James Bond will return" part. Of course, I had to pee and my mind was focused on that.

over9five

Staff member
It's obvious by the way it ended that the series was not over. I just didn't see the "James Bond will return" part. Of course, I had to pee and my mind was focused on that.

x2. We sat thru the credits, but I believe it was just before the credits that it came on the screen. I've seen it at the end of other Bond movies, just like this:

jb-2008-05-080-240-180.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You both are correct. M tossed a file on the desk to Bond that said "Top Secret - 007". One of the first credits is a black background with

50 YEARS
Bond will return

written in white. You were also, both right, in that it was a GREAT! movie and well worth the price of admission. In fact, I would be very tempted to go see it again. Action packed from the get go.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We were gonna see Skyfall today but we figured it would be packed so we went to see Loopers instead. Great flick, starts out as sort of a time travel mystery and then turns into something different, all without losing focus or feeling contrived. Plus we had a whole row to ourselves because everyone else was seeing Skyfall, we'll check that out on Wednesday (I love being on vacation).

A

anonymous6

Just saw "Lincoln " by steven spielburg and starring daniel day lewis. excellent if you are interested in the "man " and U.S. history of the passing of the 13th amendment.

daniel-day will probably get nominated for an oscar at the very least.

i give the movie 3 and a half stars.( i'm a big Lincoln buff )

moreluck

golden ticket member
5 fascinating facts about Spielberg's historical drama.......

* Star Daniel Day-Lewis took a year to get into character
and remained so immersed in the role that he signed
off as "A" on text messages to co-star Sally Field.

* Actor Liam Neeson was Spielberg's first choice to
play Lincoln, but as years of preproduction dragged on,
Neeson bowed out saying he'd become too old for the
part. "I'm past my 'sell-by' date", he said.

* Oscar winner Field had to plead with Spielberg to keep
her role as first lady after Neeson quit because he thought
she was too old for the part opposite 11-years younger Daniel.

* The movie uses Lincoln's real pocket watch. The sound
designer found Abe's watch - still ticking like a Timex - and
recorded it for use in the picture.

* Screenwriter Tony Kushner took nearly 5 years to complete
the script - one year longer than the Civil War.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's amazing---you even copy and paste on a thread where we are asked to give our personal opinions on movies we have personally seen.
This was background info. on the Lincoln movie that Orangeputeh had mentioned.......you weren't providing any insight into the making of it.

I found it interesting and hopefully so did he.

I don't care what you thought of it , Ebeneezer!

Oh,and I typed those 5 points out myself, so I spent some time to add to this. Cut and paste doesn't usually involve typing it yourself.

Oh, and the title of this thread does not mention "movies we have personally seen". But, you could start a new thread about that .