movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe he can't justify paying $9 or $10 admission plus snacks for the junk that Hollywood turns out.

Redbox lets you see it all for $1.29 and sometimes free.....just a little later than the current releases.
At $1.29, you are either surprised at how good a movie is or you are not too mad because you didn't spend a lot at the theater.
It's "smart money"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...which is why I go to the matinees and bring my own snacks in with me...I use their rewards card and get free concessions and movie tickets...I have also have Netflix streaming for $8/month...Redbox movies are about as current as the magazine in any doctor's office...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

it's funny you should mention that * i have never been to any professional sporting event * racing, golf, football, baseball, basketball, hockey * none of them

I took my son to his first professional football game this year. We brought one of his friends who goes to college near Buffalo to the game with us. The tickets were $100 each---the same seats in Foxboro would have been $200+. I don't go to very many pro games for this very reason---they are simply unaffordable.

S

serenity now

...which is why I go to the matinees and bring my own snacks in with me...I use their rewards card and get free concessions and movie tickets...I have also have Netflix streaming for $8/month...Redbox movies are about as current as the magazine in any doctor's office...

don't try to sneak in with a hot coffee (like Kramer)

it's funny you should mention that * i have never been to any professional sporting event * racing, golf, football, baseball, basketball, hockey * none of them

You say you have never been to any event. Have you ever watched one on tv? The same tv where the broadcast networks pay billions to the major leagues to broadcast those events. And just regular tv itself put big dollars into actors pockets. You want to talk obscene dollars earned? Honey Boo Boo's family earned over 150k for that train wreck of a reality show.

Do you use UPS to ship your packages? I'm sure BillyBobs trucking drivers think we make an obscene amount of money. Obscene is just a matter of perspective.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's new to me and that's all that counts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Guys may go to Les Mis, but in the real theater, not the movie theater.

Pantages, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, O.C. Center for the Performing Arts, etc.......or Broadway for the right coast people.