movie review

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yesterday my son and I went to see "Olympus Has Fallen". Excellent movie which starts with a state visit from a delegation from South Korea and quickly turns in to a hostile takeover of the White House. Too many stars to list here but no one outshines any of the others----they all work well together to deliver a solid performance in what is easily one of the best movies thus far this year.

This afternoon will be "Admission". Tina Fey plays a college admissions officer and Paul Rudd is the headmaster at a "tree hugger" high school. Rudd asks Fey to come to the school to visit a prodigy who turns out to be the son she had given up at birth. Should be a good one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "Killing Them Softly"......with Brad Pitt.

Lousy and slow movie!! Not even worth the price of rental.....with 50 cents off!!

Brad Pitt can just stay in France .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Last night we watched "Stand Off" with Brendan Fraser. It took place in Belfast, N. Ireland, so I had a terrible time with the thick accents.

The only other person besides Fraser that was easy to understand was a black girl from S. Africa and she spoke eloquently.

Not a very good movie. Save our money and save your time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched the remake of "Red Dawn". It was an OK movie. Lots of action. The kids weren't in school when the enemy started parachuting in.
It was in today's time....Obama was president. Lil Kim's daddy just died and he was the new kid leader. Cyber attacking was the 'in' thing. Hooray for the Wolverines!!

Oh, did I mention it was a free rental?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went to see Tyler Perry's "Temptation" this afternoon. Perry has really come in to his own behind the camera and this was no exception. Excellent movie.

I am debating whether or not to spend the $11 to watch Jurassic Park in 3-D tomorrow.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched.....9 Miles Down.

I can't believe I wasted $1.30 on the rental fee. What a bad, bad movie!! Don't waste your time or your money.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TCM ran Beach Blanket Bingo ('65) today. Annette looked so pretty. I had forgotten there's a young Paul Lynde and a young Don Rickels too........Also Buster Keaton, but he never looked young to me.
Gossip columnist Earl Wilson was seen in it too.......butch haircut and all.
Different times.....much simpler.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Saw Oblivion this morning, eh. It wasn't a complete waste of money but it was disappointing because it clearly could have been a lot better, with some good editing it could probably have been shortened by about a half hour and made a lot tighter. Still a good popcorn movie if you like sci-fi, pretty derivative but that's not a bad thing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched 'Silver Linings Playbook'. Good movie.....even though it is basically a love story. Guys will like it too.

UPS Preloader

Yesterday my son and I went to see "Olympus Has Fallen". Excellent movie which starts with a state visit from a delegation from South Korea and quickly turns in to a hostile takeover of the White House. Too many stars to list here but no one outshines any of the others----they all work well together to deliver a solid performance in what is easily one of the best movies thus far this year.QUOTE]

Ditto

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
going to go see iron man 3 tomorrow at 115 on opening day pretty much before it gets crowded. on vacation this week lifes been good lol. back to alcatraz next week lol. alot of good movies coming out dis summer. go see new star trek in 2 weeks that looks really good too

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "The Wicked"......Witch eats the young to keep herself young. Been done before. It was an OK movie as the young teens tried to escape....some did, some didn't. It was better than the re-runs on the regular basic cable and I got 50 cents off the rental price........so for under $1.00, it was OK.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "The Impossible". A true story of a family's vacation in Thailand.....at tsunami time. It was a good movie of survival and the human spirit. Tear jerker at times.