movie review

A

anonymous6

"warrior" for the 4th time. it must be good if I've watched it 4 times.

there is a movie called "Once" that is excellent to watch with wife or girlfriend.

A

anonymous6

Rented & watched "Lay the Favorite". It was pretty good.......with Bruce Willis, Vince Vaughn, Catherine Zeta Jones and Rebecca Hall. Lots to learn about sports book betting. Still confusing but it's something you could pick up if you hung around it enough.

Rebecca Hall does a good job in it !!

Let it Ride with Richard dreyfus is in my top 10.

A

anonymous6

century theatres in my city is playing old movies every Sunday. It's great!!! they are showing films like Jaws, the Raiders of the Lost Arc, ET, and others. I wanted to do this once I retired. Buy a small movie house in a small out of way town and just show old movies.

can you imagine seeing " Casablanca" on the big screen again? or 100's of other great movies? I know they do this in SanFran , NYC, and Boston and probably other large cities but this would be great for small towns too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Every Friday I get a 50 cent off coupon from Red Box.
We rented & watched "Gangster Squad" with Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn, Emma Stone, Nick Nolte, etc.

It's during 1949 L.A. and Mickey Cohen (Penn) is trying to establish the west coast wire for betting. The cars are great.....all pre-1949 and they race them and wreck them and roll them.

It reminded me of the Elliot Ness, hand picked, rag tag team that fought Al Capone. It's based on a true story and I enjoyed this movie........always like the gangster flicks.

A

anonymous6

watched " Lords of Dogtown" pretty good. did a wiki on it and they said "dogtown and z boys" was better so I watched that on you tube. it was better.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Parker" with Jason Statham, Jennifer Lopez and Michel Chiklis. It was an OK movie....crime drama, but it moved a little slow for me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Stand Up Guys" with Pacino, Walken and Arkin.
It's more of a character study than an action crime drama. One of those
'let's get the old gang together' thing.
It's OK.........entertained me for 1 hr. and 39 mins.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "Broken City" with Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones. OMG, you close your eyes for 2 mins. and you are totally lost .

I never did catch up........I kept asking, "Who's that again?"

Maybe you can rent it and judge for yourself whether it's any good. I ha a 50 cent off coupon, so no complaints here.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wm. H. Macy as a priest was a stretch for me (knowing that he's like a sex addict in real life), but he pulled it off......er,I mean, he was good in that role.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This morning, I watched "A Patch of Blue".......1965 movie with Sidney Poitier, Shelley Winters and Elizabeth Hartman. Shelley got an Oscar for her performance.
I liked Sidney back then....in movies like Lilies of the Field and Guess Who's Coming To Dinner and others. It was before he got all political and loud.
This movie today was a reminder of how good an actor he used to be.

Wm. H. Macy as a priest was a stretch for me (knowing that he's like a sex addict in real life), but he pulled it off......er,I mean, he was good in that role.

You know personally he's a sex addict?

I can't find that anywhere on the net but did find he's been with the same woman for 31 years, married for 16, and is a spokesman for cerebral palsy.

Still a fine actor.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think I heard It from his wife during one of her interviews years ago (Felicity Huffman)....she may have been exaggerating I found this pic and thought it was funny.....