movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Identity Thief" I liked it. I know it was reviewed by somebody else who wasn't that fond of it. It was sure better than the re-runs on TV.
I've been told by several people that Melissa with Sandra Bullock is a much funnier movie (Heat)

I look forward to it coming to Red Box.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We watched Warrior last night, not sure how I missed this one when it came out because it's a great flick. The fight scenes are really well done and the story is pretty riveting, I'm a bigger Tom Hardy fan after seeing this.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Dark Skies". It was OK and in the alien visitors genre. I liked it, considering the other choices on regular TV.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Glad to see FAIL at the box office for Lone Ranger.
You couldn't find a REAL Indian to play the Tonto part ???? Jay Silverheels was born on a reservation in Canada, son of a Mohawk chief.
Passing a comedy/drama off as a western is sinful to all the western lovers out there.

Can't Hollyweird come up with something original, or do they just make re-makes............ and badly ???

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Glad to see FAIL at the box office for Lone Ranger.
You couldn't find a REAL Indian to play the Tonto part ???? Jay Silverheels was born on a reservation in Canada, son of a Mohawk chief.
Passing a comedy/drama off as a western is sinful to all the western lovers out there.

Can't Hollyweird come up with something original, or do they just make re-makes............ and badly ???
I actually thought it was great

moreluck

golden ticket member
As Jay Silverheels is dead it was a bit hard for him to get the part. He is trying out for Weekend at Bernie's 3 though.

My point is......there's no REAL Indians in the S.A.G. ?????? That's like using a white man in black face to play an African American.

Adam Sandler makes movies that gross big $$$$$$$$ yet as good films they are turds.

​ I guess some of us enjoy movies that don't just cater to the lowest common denominator.

My point is......there's no REAL Indians in the S.A.G. ?????? That's like using a white man in black face to play an African American.

Well I guess since Depp is a favorite of the director since they have a track record that totals in the billions of dollars with their success with the Pirates films as well as the animated film Rango he decided to go with a proven actor able to showcase and develop an eccentric character in Tonto.

P.s, Wes Studi is an excellent actor of "Indian" descent but he's not a comedic type.

P.s, P.s, Depp has "Indian" blood in his ancestory.

P.s, P.s, P.s, The correct nomenclature is Native American. Indians are those folks that take your phone complaints.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The last Western I saw was Blazing Saddles........not my genre.......animation either.
I guess if Hollywood isn't in the business to stay afloat.........they are definitely like Obama.
Remember way back when movies were......like......Universal or MGM ??
Now it's Universal and Gwen Firesteen and the Red Rock group along with Marty English and Scott Strudel present............Somebody's gonna want to make back some $$$$$$

moreluck

golden ticket member
It still comes down to the bottom line.........if it doesn't make some money, you won't see any more of them.
Unless of course it's some trust fund person with money to burn.

The last Western I saw was Blazing Saddles........not my genre.......animation either.
I guess if Hollywood isn't in the business to stay afloat.........they are definitely like Obama.
Remember way back when movies were......like......Universal or MGM ??
Now it's Universal and Gwen Firesteen and the Red Rock group along with Marty English and Scott Strudel present............Somebody's gonna want to make back some $$$$$$

Then may I recommend Unforgiven, True Grit ( the new one) , and Open Range. All relatively new and very different than some of the corny films of the past.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nope, it's like black & white TV...........I just lose interest.
I love Clint Eastwood, but in Dirty Harry or other non-cowboy stuff. Thanks anyway!