movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "A Good Day To Die Hard". I really liked it. I think the John McClane character is a likeable guy.....bald & all. This time he's half of the dysfunctional father- son team reunited and just trying to survive in spydom in Russia.
I can't wait 'til Bruce is out with the character, Grandpa McClane......in "Die Already" !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Documentary review

Couldn't sleep....up at 2:00 am.

I happened to turn on the TV and everything is info-mercials, so I turned on TCM and caught a documentary called ""I'm King Kong". It was about Merian C. Cooper...........he's like the Carl Denim character in King Kong.
It covers the introduction of Technicolor and the introduction of Cinerama and stereo sound to the theaters. I'm not a documentary fan, but I was glued to that channel for the hour long show.
Merian C. Cooper was an interesting character. Catch the program sometime......

I just happened to see the words King Kong and I thought it was going to be the old Fay Ray movie..........

over9five

Staff member
Went to see the 2D version of "WWZ" this afternoon. I enjoyed it---it was well written and directed with some cool special effects. I don't know that 3D would have made that much ($3.50) difference. The theater was about half full.

I am off tomorrow (I need a break and one of the casuals asked me if I would take the day) and may spend part of it watching Monsters U.

"I am tired of being alone and tired of being in a rut. I am tired of spending most every weekend in a movie theater. It is time for me to move on and a big part of that will be saying goodbye to all of you."

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/random-thoughts-my-way-out-door-349557/#ixzz2YqRFQh4c

Took my oldest son (11) to see Pacific Rim. Giant monsters and the giant robots man builds to battle them. If you ever had your GI Joes fight your plastic dinosaurs as a kid this movie is for you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "Power of the Few". It was filmed like the 2004 movie Crash. It was lots of separate stories and they all entwine.
Of course it wasn't as good as Crash, but I really enjoy that way of storytelling. It makes you recall and think.

Besides, it's got Christopher Walken in it and if you are a fan of weirdness, he's as weird as they come.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Would You Rather". It's a torture-type movie. Guests invited to a dinner, but made to play a "game". Must've cost all of $65.78 to make it. Dud !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Phantom".

"The haunted Captain of a Soviet submarine holds the fate of the world in his hands. Forced to leave his family behind, he is charged with leading a covert mission cloaked in mystery."

It was a good movie, but something I think the guys will enjoy more than the gals.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone".....with Steve Carell, Steve Buscemi, Jim Carrey, Alan Arkin, Jay Mohr and James Gandolfini. I enjoyed this movie.
It's hokey, but I laughed out loud a couple times.....mostly silly stuff.
Below is the plot summary.........

"Superstar magicians Burt Wonderstone (Steve Carell) and Anton Marvelton (Steve Buscemi) have ruled the Las Vegas Strip for years, raking in millions with illusions as big as Burt's growing ego. But lately the duo's greatest deception is their public friendship, while secretly they've grown to loathe each other. Facing cutthroat competition from guerrilla street magician Steve Gray (Jim Carrey), whose cult following surges with each outrageous stunt, even their show is starting to look stale. But there's still a chance Burt and Anton can save the act - both onstage and off - if only Burt can get back in touch with what made him love magic in the first place."

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Watched Dead Man Down with Colin Farrell and Snitch with Dwayne Johnson(THE ROCK). I liked both of them. If anybody likes to buy cheap i mean super cheap blurays(mostly used) go to half.com. Its a ebay site, dirt cheap like from 2 bux on up. Ive bought alot off of there and never have had a problem with any of the discs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "Mud".....with Matthew McConaughey .........it was an OK movie. I just like to watch Matthew.........the movie needs no plot, or story to hold my interest. Reese Witherspoon was in it too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just happened to be channel surfing this afternoon and got to AMC and there was Steve McQ. fastening his seat belt in that dark green '68Mustang.......then 10 mins. and 53 seconds of most classic chase on film. (IMO). Hubby watched it with me.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Just happened to be channel surfing this afternoon and got to AMC and there was Steve McQ. fastening his seat belt in that dark green '68Mustang.......then 10 mins. and 53 seconds of most classic chase on film. (IMO). Hubby watched it with me.

Did you count how many times that stupid green Beetle got in front of them. Somebody should offer an edited version with it digitally removed. I agree, one of the best chases ever. Too much shifting and double clutching, but it sounds cool!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have Bullitt in my DVD collection and it has a featurette on Steve learning advanced driving. He was the coolest action movie hero EVER. Hands down. He was a real man's man.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you count how many times that stupid green Beetle got in front of them. Somebody should offer an edited version with it digitally removed. I agree, one of the best chases ever. Too much shifting and double clutching, but it sounds cool!
I was busy watching the 2 main cars.....hubby kept saying...."There's that damn bug again !"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Black Rock". It was an OK movie.
Picture 3 girlfriends going to a childhood island in Maine to relive the days of building forts and hiding treasure when they were 10.
They think they are on a deserted island.
Slow start, but the quest for survival builds.