movie review

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
In "Vanishing Point" (the original, not the one with Viggo Mortenson) in freeze frame you will see the white R/T Challenger turn into a Camaro, I'm told.

I saw "Elysium" yesterday. It is a good science fiction flick about the haves on a orbiting space station warring with the have-nots on Earth. Ironically the films President character is black. Insert Obama joke.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched, half-way through...."The Cloth" (Danny Trejo and Eric Roberts) It was real bad !!

Trying to be too complicated on the explanation of the battle between good & evil. It's about exorcism and more.

It's only 88 mins. long and we were done at about 40 minutes......the whole time saying....."this is dumb".

stealth8

Don't waste your money on Sandra Bullock's latest The Heat. One of the few movies I actually walked out of. Why do they have to swear so much in movies today??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "Olympus Has Fallen"..
It was pretty good and real tense.
Very bloody, lots of killing.
The special effects showing the white house being hit and parts destroyed were very good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "Killing Season". .......with DeNiro and Travolta. It was pretty good. Slow to start, but you have to know the background and then the action comes. Worth the rental fee for sure. Travolta does a Serbian accent throughout and I had to turn up the volume to better understand what he was saying.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "At Any Price".......with Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron. It's about a 4th generation farmer and his leaving a farm to 2 sons who aren't into farming. It's a 'dark' movie.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TCM had a bunch of Hitchcock movies and I re-watched The Birds. It's still a good movie and Tippi Hedren was a hot blonde at the time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Hitchcock's The Trouble With Harry. Weird film. 1955 with good old Edmund Gwenn, John Forsythe and Jerry Mathers (Beaver) as the little kid.
All about a body and what will we do with it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched James Patterson's "Sunday at Tiffanys", with Alyssa Milano. 2010.

Michael is a 'guardian angel' who appears when children need an invisible ('imaginary') friend until the birthday after his help worked.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With 'Insidious Chapter 2' at the theaters, we thought it would be a good idea to see 'Insidious" which became available at Red Box this week.
It was a good spooky movie and now I'm anxious for the second installment to be at Red Box.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With 'Insidious Chapter 2' at the theaters, we thought it would be a good idea to see 'Insidious" which became available at Red Box this week.
It was a good spooky movie and now I'm anxious for the second installment to be at Red Box.
The really insidious part of this film is having to hear Tiny Tim sing Tiptoe Through the Tulips.....more than once.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched "No Time For Sergeants" yesterday. Thanks TMC for re-running the good ones !
Andy Griffith as the clueless Will Stockdale is a perfect cast......just a good ole boy.

The psychiatrist is the one I think is funny. They are all dead now, but were great comedic actors.

PLO....permanent latrine orderly lol!!