movie review

over9five

Staff member
Just watched Cold Blooded......

"Frances is a tough as nails female cop, Cordero, a cold blooded gangster arrested for thievery and murder. When Cordero's heist goes awry, his bloodthirsty boss wants him dead at any cost, ... "

It was pretty tense and kept my attention for 86 mins.

​How long was the movie?

rkctkc

Just watched "mama" the other night. Real eerie movie. Kept me interested throughout. Ending was a little tragic, yet happy? Maybe? Heck I don't know. Unexpected I'd say

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Bought Pacific Rim on bluray. Not a super great story, but the audio and video were excellent. Sometimes you have to overlook it if the story isn't great, but its got the audio n video that home theater enthusiasts will enjoy. Definitely a demo worthy disc. Just got back from seeing Captain Phillips at the theater, worked til 3 today ran bulk. That movie was really good in my opinion. Definitely a future bluray buy for sure.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just finished watching "The Colony" with Laurence Fishburne and Bill Paxton.

"Forced underground by the next ice age, a struggling outpost of survivors must fight to preserve humanity against a threat even more savage than nature."

They said it started snowing one day and it never stopped. So much for global warming!
It was an OK movie.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just got Fast and Furious 6 on bluray in the mail today. Hmm that's weird it doesn't drop til Dec in the US and somehow the kid got it already lol. Good movie by the way. Same deal good movie, great audio and video demo material.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Behind the Candlebra". We had our bags of popcorn from Target (that was supper for us).
It was an OK movie. It made me feel sorry for Liberace and his lonliness and sexual appetite sickness.
The latter is what got him the aids virus more than likely.
His "people" first reported the cause of death as cardiac arrest, but the autopsy said complications of aids.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched the weirdest movie ever......'This is the End' .....with Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson, Emma Watson, Mindy Kaling, Rihanna & Channing Tatum.
Started slow, but parts of it were like Mars Attacks, then a creature from Ghostbusters and then the Exorcist. It was really weird.....This is how it is described on IMDB......
"While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse."
It was fun to watch.

We just watched the weirdest movie ever......'This is the End' .....with Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson, Emma Watson, Mindy Kaling, Rihanna & Channing Tatum.
Started slow, but parts of it were like Mars Attacks, then a creature from Ghostbusters and then the Exorcist. It was really weird.....This is how it is described on IMDB......
"While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse."
It was fun to watch.

That movie is awesome especially if you're familiar with the actors other movies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just finished watching "Nothing Left To Fear".....with Anne Heche and ClancyBrown.

"A family's journey toward a better life is interrupted by an unstable man of the cloth."

Predictable......someone has to be sacrificed to keep the town safe......been done before, but scary in parts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "Now You See Me" with Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Common, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine.

"An FBI agent and an Interpol detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money."
It was an OK movie........not great, just OK.

To me, Eisenberg is a quirky 'lil dude.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched 2 movies tonight. The Purge and White House Down.
The Purge, with Ethan Hawke........
"In the future, a wealthy family is held hostage for harboring the target of a murderous syndicate during the Purge, a 12-hour period in which any and all crime is legalized."
It's futuristic, in the 2020's. It was just OK.

White House Down, with Jamie Foxx, James Woods, Channing Tatum and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
"While on a tour of the White House with his young daughter, a Capitol policeman springs into action to save his child and protect the president from a heavily armed group of paramilitary invaders."
It was pretty good and very action filled.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "We're the Millers" last night.

"A veteran pot dealer creates a fake family as part of his plan to move a huge shipment of weed into the U.S. from Mexico...."

It was really funny..........especially the boy pretending to be the teenage son. Lots of 'laughing out loud' moments !!