movie review

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No need. It stands alone. Although Pitch Black is a good flick.

Oh,.......Hunger Games. Saw it on tv not the theater. The idea of a room full of pre-pubescent girls is a bit to much too annoying.

We went on Thanksgiving night (8:30pm)----I guess all the pre-pubescent girls were shopping as it was mostly 20's and up.

You don't really need to see the first to appreciate the second but it does help.

My daughter read the books and said the movies have been pretty faithful to the books.

over9five

Staff member
54yhy.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "The Conjuring" last night. Just so-so .

"Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren work to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in their farmhouse." (IMDB)

Don't exert any effort to get it, but if it's being played, it'll keep your attention for 90 mins.

wkmac

Just watched "The Company You Keep" with Robert Redford and Julie Christie. Very good political thriller built on the history of SDS and the Weather Underground as background to the story. Surrounded by emerging contradictions, Shia BeBeouf playing a journalist finds his own humanity in the end. Worth the watch if you like twists and turns along with a willingness to think.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Home Run last night.

"A pro ball player with a substance abuse problem is forced into rehab in his hometown, finding new hope when he gets honest about his checkered past, and takes on coaching duties for a misfit Little League team."

It was OK.....Vivaca Fox was the only star I ever heard of in it. The pro ball playe was good looking, but I never heard of him....Scott Elrod.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tossing & turning at 1 AM. I clicked on the tv and Mr. Brooks was just starting. Got interested in it.

"A psychological thriller about a man who is sometimes controlled by his murder-and-mayhem-loving alter ego."

I like the murder mysteries and the psychology of the murderer. Kevin Costner is good in it and Wm. Hurt as his alter ego is too.