movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "Everybody's Fine". It was on a local channel.

"A widower who realized his only connection to his family was through his wife sets off on an impromptu road trip to reunite with each of his grown children."

It stars DeNiro mostly.....also Drew Barrymore. It's quirky, sad and you find yourself saying, "yeah, that happens in my family too". It's an '09 movie, but I don't remember hearing anything about it then.

Marne Vet

"Lone Survivor"

Wow. Powerful, intense, sad, and every emotion you can conjure in a two hour period. It brought tears to this Vets eyes. A must see.

Marne Vet

Yeah Lone Survivor was excellent dude. I watched it at home dvd screener. Def a bluray purchase in the future.

Same here. Brother dropped off a USB with it, and I converted it to MP4, threw it into iTunes, and fired up the Apple TV. It was 95% as good as the book. You HAVE to read that book!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Out of the furnace with Christian Bale and Woody Harellson was good too. Rush the Ron Howard film about Indy racing was really good too. Thats a def bluray purchase also to watch on my 163 inch screen.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Instead of the Super Bowl, we watched "The Family" with Robert Deniro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones and Vincent Pastore.

"The Manzoni family, a notorious mafia clan, is relocated to Normandy, France under the witness protection program, where fitting in soon becomes challenging as their old habits die hard."

It ran a little long for my taste and I would give it a 6 (1-10 rating). It was just OK.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched "Jack Reacher" the other night, damn how I did miss this one in theaters? Excellent flick. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan but he was really good in this one.

Rainman

Its all good.
Watched "Jack Reacher" the other night, damn how I did miss this one in theaters? Excellent flick. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan but he was really good in this one.
The whole family saw it along with cousin and his family, ages from 13-55, everyone thought it was a great movie. Nothing inappropriate for the younger ones but entertaining for everyone. Nine of us in the group.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That was good I got it on bluray. Just picked up Rush, Captain Phillips, Taken, Flight, Chasing Mavericks, and Dredd on bluray dis weekend to add to my collection.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It got good reviews on highdefdigest.com. I check them out for reviews on bluray discs and bluray.com. It was kind of a sleeper as far the exposure it did not receive. Ill watch it this week. If your a pure audio n video guy like me, sometimes you have to ignore the the quality of the story if you get great audio and video with the disc. May sound kind of stupid but like I said if your an audio n video junkie you get what im saying.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It got good reviews on highdefdigest.com. I check them out for reviews on bluray discs and bluray.com. It was kind of a sleeper as far the exposure it did not receive. Ill watch it this week. If your a pure audio n video guy like me, sometimes you have to ignore the the quality of the story if you get great audio and video with the disc. May sound kind of stupid but like I said if your an audio n video junkie you get what im saying.
I've got a pretty sweet HT set up so I know what you're saying but you won't have that issue with Dredd, it's a great flick all around.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Me too. I got a 163 inch screen with an Epson projector and 7.2 surround. 2 towers, center, 2 subs, 2 in ceilings above seating area and 2 in walls in the back of the room. 30 ft long by 20 ft wide. Super sweet setup. I got the Onkyo tx-nr 818 receiver that came out last year. I thought about going with separates but its kinda overkill really. If I had a basement I would go that route but still sweet setup bro.