Navigation problem

Wheeler

"King"
Has anyone else had this issue with the navigation? And has anyone figured out a fix?
20200902_090139.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wasnt asking for a sarcastic ass remark i have been driving for 5 yrs and the maps they have for this rural route dont do :censored2: everything is wrong
Try doing routes old-school style when the route is nothing but RD loops and paper streets are on the map.

PPH_over_9000

Has anyone else had this issue with the navigation? And has anyone figured out a fix?View attachment 308381

Like someone else said, power down the board and re-start it. That works maybe half the time. If and when it doesn't, though, you're gonna have to get by without it until the DIAD starts working properly again.

In between stops, use the MapNav button and try to memorize the way to the next stop. If you forget midway, pull over, turn off the engine and refresh your memory.

Newer drivers like me are way too dependent on the GPS, though. When I have a DIAD that doesn't want to give me a GPS fix, my days are :censored2:in' miserable. It's do-able, but it's a pain in the ass when you don't have any area knowledge.

Dumbo

In fairness you go try and find an updated paper map. When I started a few years ago I had to buy a map book off eBay and it was outdated by a few years already. Never even used it when it takes a few seconds to look at the map on your phone. It's quick and easy to get a mental layout of the area if you just pull up google maps for a few seconds.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Sometimes I've found hitting the MapNav key before your next stop fixes it. I've also "dummy scanned" a package out of area and that resets it.