New branding!

dmac1

$14hr and here's an extra $50 for making me rich!
$14 is more than most drivers get paid in most of the country. $100for a 10-11 hour day was what was most common in my old terminal. I was harassed for paying $125 a day and making sure they only had at most 10 hours. But I only made about $50-$60 a week total from the 2-3 drivers I had. And that meant I made less per hour than they did for the extra time running those trucks, plus the maintenance, payroll, etc that added up to at least 10 hours a week.

MAKAVELI

Fedex controls the contractor. It is the contractor who has to tell the drivers what, when, where, and how to deliver under the ISP model. Remember- we are talking about after the full transition to ISP.
Express is too time sensitive to pay a middle man to delegate, while he's thinking about his own margins. Just face the truth bro. The contractor model just doesn't work for everything.

It will be fine

Express is too time sensitive to pay a middle man to delegate, while he's thinking about his own margins. Just face the truth bro. The contractor model just doesn't work for everything.
What doesn't make sense is flying packages back and forth to Memphis when they're only a 4 hour drive away and you already have a truck going there. Send your 2 and 3 day packages by truck to leave some slack in delivery time and charge the same. It's a no brainer.

vantexan

What doesn't make sense is flying packages back and forth to Memphis when they're only a 4 hour drive away and you already have a truck going there. Send your 2 and 3 day packages by truck to leave some slack in delivery time and charge the same. It's a no brainer.
Except FedEx has a jet coming into that airport already with pkgs from all over the country. And we don't send all pkgs to Memphis either, we have regional sorts that bypass Memphis.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think we've all been lied to enough to be skeptical that this will just be a branding change. Why take on the cost to only add confusion to who can pick up and deliver which packages?

Why take on the cost if they're going to do whatever, if it doesn't matter which truck picks up the package?

All of the opcos are getting the same colors.

59 Dano

Fedex may pay the contractor extra for express deliveries. They could pay twice as much as a ground package and still be cheaper than paying an express driver, supplying the truck, operating a seperate terminal, the training, HR, payroll, taxes, etc.

Or not.

59 Dano

Ramps that are close enough to their hubs already have their deferred freight trucked to and fro.

bacha29

$14 is more than most drivers get paid in most of the country. $100for a 10-11 hour day was what was most common in my old terminal. I was harassed for paying $125 a day and making sure they only had at most 10 hours. But I only made about $50-$60 a week total from the 2-3 drivers I had. And that meant I made less per hour than they did for the extra time running those trucks, plus the maintenance, payroll, etc that added up to at least 10 hours a week.
At the rural terminal that I hauled out of as single route until May of last year the guys who worked for the multi routes were payed a range of $120-135 per day with no pension healthcare or any benefits of any kind working 9 to 11 hours per day. That hasn't changed much since I left. One driver employee is getting around $180 and the route owner isn't making a dime off of it but this is a fast and reliable type of guy who are in short supply.As you mentioned that 50 60 bucks per route a week left over is the same number I came up with when I considered multi routing. Not on balance with the risks. Revenue production per hour in this depressed sparsely populated rural area with hundreds of miles of unpaved poorly maintained township roads that tore suspensions apart was simply too low. The multi's who remain are heavily leveraged struggle to make payroll and are running out of healthy bodies. With company funded temps being quickly phased out I told the kid who bought me out that if needed I was prepared to put off getting the hip joint replaced until after the first of the year and terminal management itself asked about my availability. Last year thanks to the El Nino they had a fairly mild winter and peak was barely impacted. With the El Nino having passed I don't think they will be so lucky this year.

dmac1

At the rural terminal that I hauled out of as single route until May of last year the guys who worked for the multi routes were payed a range of $120-135 per day with no pension healthcare or any benefits of any kind working 9 to 11 hours per day. That hasn't changed much since I left. One driver employee is getting around $180 and the route owner isn't making a dime off of it but this is a fast and reliable type of guy who are in short supply.As you mentioned that 50 60 bucks per route a week left over is the same number I came up with when I considered multi routing. Not on balance with the risks. Revenue production per hour in this depressed sparsely populated rural area with hundreds of miles of unpaved poorly maintained township roads that tore suspensions apart was simply too low. The multi's who remain are heavily leveraged struggle to make payroll and are running out of healthy bodies. With company funded temps being quickly phased out I told the kid who bought me out that if needed I was prepared to put off getting the hip joint replaced until after the first of the year and terminal management itself asked about my availability. Last year thanks to the El Nino they had a fairly mild winter and peak was barely impacted. With the El Nino having passed I don't think they will be so lucky this year.

My $125 a day I paid was back in 2005, in a rural area. Reimbursement rates MUST have gone up since then, or the contractors really have it bad.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Does anybody have an idea what Genco actually does? There is a warehouse on a route i cover that ships 20-30 boxes of Kind granola bars express everyday but all i knew was that fedex owns them
I think they're a premium manufacturer of artificisl genitals.