New branding!

Exec32

Preservation of its brand and scrutiny of operating arrangements?? Hell, no one cares. Ground fills the need for something that is faster than the USPS, cheap, and trackable. People tend to understand what they're getting when they spend money on Ground and they're fine with that.
I agree it is cheaper, and they currently seem to accomplish getting the package delivered on time for now.
If you were X would you not be concerned about future customer demands that will require more than just getting a package there on time. Especially when that type of objective can be easily duplicated by your competitors.

Exec32

You've never collected from a customer????????????? Who collects the money doesn't matter. You still have a lot to learn.
It does matter if you want to compare this model to a franchise. And no haven't got paid from a customer for delivering the package to them. Think out the box.

Exec32

Is your ISP set up to serve the public, the industry, the competitors, or X.
If they don't service all then you are not an independent company.
X has already wrote into the contract a non compete clause, violating the principle of contracting.

bbsam

Staff member
Is your ISP set up to serve the public, the industry, the competitors, or X.
If they don't service all then you are not an independent company.
X has already wrote into the contract a non compete clause, violating the principle of contracting.
Bbsam inc. can't own, say, maybe a fast food restaurant?

Exec32

Not as Bbsam Inc.
You can start a separate LLC or DBA under Bbsam inc. this still doesn't solve or address my initial point
Because those are 2 completely differnt industries it will have to be separated.
You could service Amazon or the USPS, but X contract will control the resources used for their purpose only. You can't use your driver and truck to service those customers at the same time
That is where the problem lies.

Exec32

I agree. That's why the rebranding is probably insignificant except as another huge waste of resources.
A lot of the changes coming may appear like a waste of resources, but that is what X will have to mitigate because they have been operating under a suspect structure.
Contractors will absorb a lot of the cost.
You know X doesn't make changes without very thorough planning.

bacha29

I went home at 8:00am, being a mgr is pretty nice.
Pretty nice huh. If you work as a manager for a contractor enjoy the peace you are currently experiencing because there is a train load of misery coming your way and I hope that you enjoy driving a route because I have this feeling that you are going to be doing a lot of that it the future . Why? Because when you start getting more time of day and day of week stuff to haul those guys who are doing the physical work of getting it there are going to want a lot more money or you will never be able to keep up with the turnover.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
That never used to matter. In the late 70's early 80's, if you had got into Deere, you were set for life. Now, those with less than 10 years sweat out the "next wave of cuts". And then what happens to the local job market? It swells with applicants looking for anything to make the next house payment...even if they have to go to Ground and take less than what they are accustomed to. Maybe they hope one day to be called back. Maybe such hope doesn't really exist.
Boeing does this quite often. it's a part of manufacturing. the tpp trade deal will only make things worse for the manufacturing sector. it will be good for delivery companies though.