New branding!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They don't pay us anything extra for appointment or evening deliveries.

Really? !?

20160902_165311.jpg

Friday i had the following birthday present to deliver... i finished my route by 1600, though so i went to help a neighboring driver until it was time to swing by and MC driveway.

My contractor paid me $20 bonus for that one stop...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So no memo? That's not news. We've known sales will push ground for deferred freight. What's not happening is ground delivering express processed freight.

Locally the ground and express facilities are about 5 miles away from one another so I'm not sure how your scenario would work.

They are talking about freight that used to be express work now being processed and delivered by ground.

Purplepackage

Locally the ground and express facilities are about 5 miles away from one another so I'm not sure how your scenario would work.

They are talking about freight that used to be express work now being processed and delivered by ground.

It's strange, my station has only gotten busier over the past couple months but apparently ground is stealing our 3 day freight according to this forum

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's strange, my station has only gotten busier over the past couple months but apparently ground is stealing our 3 day freight according to this forum
Pretty silly to have Ground AND Express Saver these days. It's splitting hairs at best.

Express Saver was launched before Ground was even an idea in '97 and right before the UPS strike. Really "great timing" there Memphis.

MAKAVELI

Banned

It's not my scenario. These ground jocks are the ones claiming that they are delivering express freight. Which they are not. Which ever service the customer chooses is where its routed.

McFeely

Huge Member
I have customers who ship NDA within the same zip code. They could hop in their car and drop it off themselves within 10 minutes.

Depends on what their time is worth to them. I pickup packages one night and deliver them the next day to another customer on the same route, literally less than 5 miles away. Sometimes it's just simpler/easier(?) to put it in the pile of outbound envelopes and let the scheduled driver pick it up than to have the receptionist do it on her own and request reimbursement for mileage, etc. Not to mention some of these big companies have shipping budgets that they want to use. If you've ever worked for a company and had a budget to use each year, you're probably familiar with the "if you don't use the budget, you won't get that big of a budget next year" modus operandi.

My opinion? Glad to have the work. Customer's laziness and lack of planning is what pays me to deliver overnight packages :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The most likely scenario is one that has been discussed for several years here, most notably by R1a. P2 and ES would go over to Ground and P1 and SO stay with Express.