New guy

He wants to be a REAL twuck dwivuh. Possibly at CACH

Leave that concern to the part timers who don't wanna grow up because they're Toys R Us kids. You're 10 years in. It's time to want money more than the weed.
1000002666.jpg

I'm a big boi now

Thebrownblob

I definitely don’t look down on anyone that smokes marijuana. my position comes simply as someone who has to defend people from being fired, and it is almost impossible if something goes bad. Honestly, alcohol has been a much more prevalent and damaging problem for my brothers and sisters throughout my career.

542thruNthru

They don’t test for drugs at DOT physical for package car. That is both good and bad in my opinion because it leads to a false sense of safety for a lot of these guys. Remember it’s not just UPS’s rule per se. It’s a DOT and federal rule. I can’t count how many times I’ve heard I have a medical card for this and I have to tell them that doesn’t mean a damn thing.
I've seen guys screaming at the top of their lungs the whole time as they walked them out the building "YOU CANT FIRE ME FOR WHAT I DO OFF THE CLOCK!!!!"

Everyone thinks they'll only get tested if they have a bad accident or they come in high.

Nope!

Management will find a reason to test you if you're a trouble maker, if you don't fall in line, if you happen to get a minor accident during a time of high # of accidents, if you piss them off and anything else they feel like..... but but they can't do that! Um, you think circling a few "signs" on a piece of paper is hard for them? But but I'll just tell them I have a problem!... nope, that's a myth. Once the process has begun its too late. You have to come to them before.

I've said it a hundred times. I don't care if you smoke weed but just know, you RISK your job every time and will have no one to blame but yourself.

Thebrownblob

I've seen guys screaming at the top of their lungs the whole time as they walked them out the building "YOU CANT FIRE ME FOR WHAT I DO OFF THE CLOCK!!!!"

Everyone thinks they'll only get tested if they have a bad accident or they come in high.

Nope!

Management will find a reason to test you if you're a trouble maker, if you don't fall in line, if you happen to get a minor accident during a time of high # of accidents, if you piss them off and anything else they feel like..... but but they can't do that! Um, you think circling a few "signs" on a piece of paper is hard for them? But but I'll just tell them I have a problem!... nope, that's a myth. Once the process has begun its too late. You have to come to them before.

I've said it a hundred times. I don't care if you smoke weed but just know, you RISK your job every time and will have no one to blame but yourself.
It’s basically giving management a hammer to hit you with whenever they decide you’re a problem. I would’ve been fired years ago.

542thruNthru

It’s basically giving management a hammer to hit you with whenever they decide you’re a problem. I would’ve been fired years ago.
They have threaten me with a fit for duty a few times. I always say something like "Oh no! Please don't. Please don't send me!" Problem is I can't stop from smiling as I do it. So they never send me because it's obvious I'm not worried.

The classic you're busted response is "you can't do that! You need two people. I'm not high."

Thebrownblob

They have threaten me with a fit for duty a few times. I always say something like "Oh no! Please don't. Please don't send me!" Problem is I can't stop from smiling as I do it. So they never send me because it's obvious I'm not worried.

The classic you're busted response is "you can't do that! You need two people. I'm not high."
I wish they would send me. It would be a free day of pay sitting around looking at hot nurses.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I definitely don’t look down on anyone that smokes marijuana. my position comes simply as someone who has to defend people from being fired, and it is almost impossible if something goes bad. Honestly, alcohol has been a much more prevalent and damaging problem for my brothers and sisters throughout my career.
Never touched it in my 33 years at brown.
Now after I retired that’s a different story
IMG_1962.jpeg

542thruNthru

I wish they would send me. It would be a free day of pay sitting around looking at hot nurses.
Hell it takes a week or more to get results here. And I would ask for blood to be taken as well to drag it out longer. Then send a picture of me drinking a beer everyday to my center manager saying "this beer is paid for by UPS. Thanks for the vacation and free beer!"