New Video! AC in the trucks! Is it a good thing?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
A/C is for pusillanimous. This is all I have for A/C while working in the blazing summer sun. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.
20230618_124210.jpg

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Wins a win
Gonna find every red light to sit at and every bit of traffic in the city to sit in and enjoy that :censored2: until the compressor breaks when we get them in the fleet.
Gonna donkey kick the bulk head off track too and call it in so I can keep that damn thing open all day. Pump that ac into the back.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Wins a win
Gonna find every red light to sit at and every bit of traffic in the city to sit in and enjoy that :censored2: until the compressor breaks when we get them in the fleet.
Gonna donkey kick the bulk head off track too and call it in so I can keep that damn thing open all day. Pump that ac into the back.

Not an expert but just goggled A/C in electric vehicles..apparently the batteries need a cooling system to operate.

Just how many of those newly acquired package cars in 2024 will be electric?

Even in my own vehicle you have replace your A/C unit in order for it to work.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Wins a win
UPS needs more employees like you.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
I hope we didn’t have to give anything up for something they should’ve been done a long time ago. I trust the negotiating team knows that.

"All new package cars placed into service after August 1, 1997, shall be equipped with power steering"
If we gave up power steering I WILL NOT BE HAPPY. A high stepper w/o power steering= a very miserable day.