UPS hasn't bought any new pkg cars this year, avoiding promised AC.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t know where you worked, but I do know that at no time does management care how we feel or what we say they’re going to do whatever they want, even when they’ve agreed otherwise. When all members push to get something done, then eventually management gives in.

On the other hand for you to suggest that people who don’t agree, not the other way is also insulting. Everyone has a voice and they are allowed to use it.
There is a difference between respectfully disagreeing and insulting union brothers, no?

I have no problem with respectfully handling those who disagree.

I had no problem with those who claimed UPS would never have AC in the package cars.

Thebrownblob

There is a difference between respectfully disagreeing and insulting union brothers, no?

I have no problem with respectfully handling those who disagree.

I had no problem with those who claimed UPS would never have AC in the package cars.
Giving people advice on how to get hydrated and stay out of the hospital because they’ve been there 30+ years is respectful.

This is a difficult job and it always will be regardless if there’s air-conditioning or not.

In my experience, those do not follow the footsteps of the people who made it here 30+ years usually don’t last.

oldngray

nowhere special
Giving people advice on how to get hydrated and stay out of the hospital because they’ve been there 30 years is respectful.

This is a difficult job and it always will be regardless if there’s air-conditioning or not.

In my experience, those do not follow the footsteps of the people who made it here 30+ years usually don’t last.
Bluto.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
Giving people advice on how to get hydrated and stay out of the hospital because they’ve been there 30+ years is respectful.

I have given my opinion on the rule. Where have I tried to tell other hourlies what to do?
No doubt.
I agree.

Experience is a very valuable thing for any one to obtain and learn from.

Thebrownblob

I have given my opinion on the rule. Where have I tried to tell other hourlies what to do?

No doubt.

I agree.

Experience is a very valuable thing for any one to obtain and learn from.
I never said you told what to do, just giving my experience. Anyone who thinks being a driver will be easier just because of air conditioning will be sorely disappointed. Anyone who thinks we won’t pay for that air-conditioning moving forward is living in a fantasy land.

If you think it’s worth it then that is your right.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
What heat issue trends? Sorting the package car was part of the job years back. No shorts, no coddling, no whinny drivers.
Right there is no heat issue trends and ups is not constantly throwing money at the problem. Whiny drivers are simply ignored drivers. Good management can address problems and find solutions but at UPS management is simply the :censored2: that said yes when they were asked. And sorting a package car is great but Orion doesn’t send you to the next number in your car…ever.

PoirotAtUPS

Here we go...

Somewhat surprising that country wide, not one new pkg car has been added all year. However, also believable because we've seen more cuts this year than in a long time due to lost volume. Also follows the fact that UPS bought a ton of new ones through the pandemic when volume shot up.

Seems like the union is expecting UPS to just replace vehicles with plenty of service life left just to fulfill the AC agreement. That's not how this works. The fleet is younger than I've ever seen and I was expecting to wait 10 years to see AC commonplace.
And this is surprising?