UPS hasn't bought any new pkg cars this year, avoiding promised AC.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPStruckSunEarth.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
But we’re saving miles!👍
Miles go up on Orion. Has me revisiting neighborhoods two to three times a day.
Literally driving circles all day passing up stops and driving across the map randomly.
I could easily beat Orion even blind on a route using the map function. I never do, but I easily could.

Miles go up on Orion. Has me revisiting neighborhoods two to three times a day.
Literally driving circles all day passing up stops and driving across the map randomly.
I could easily beat Orion even blind on a route using the map function. I never do, but I easily could.
you are beating your crayon-eating PDS and the parameters (s)he set

its impossible to beat ORION-unleashed without growing wings or going offroad

El Correcto

god is dead
you are beating your crayon-eating PDS and the parameters (s)he set

its impossible to beat ORION-unleashed without growing wings or going offroad
Not really. Orion doesn’t plan for reality the same way we can.
I honestly can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic.
Orion runs off residential backs for instant, we don’t do that, that alone leads to you having to do circles adding mileage and time that you could avoid if you ran it your own way.

Not really. Orion doesn’t plan for reality the same way we can.
I honestly can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic.
Orion runs off residential backs for instant, we don’t do that, that alone leads to you having to do circles adding mileage and time that you could avoid if you ran it your own way.
you literally just admitted you can't run faster than the solution because you're not doing what it wants you to do

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
You know what’s really awesome is when you have a business route with a busy main drag and strip mall type deliveries on either side and Orion has you hopping all over the place like you are on meth, digging through the back of the car for hours, and probably not even saving the quarter mile that it thought it was saving because it doesn’t understand that you actually have to turn around 😂

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You know what’s really awesome is when you have a business route with a busy main drag and strip mall type deliveries on either side and Orion has you hopping all over the place like you are on meth, digging through the back of the car for hours, and probably not even saving the quarter mile that it thought it was saving because it doesn’t understand that you actually have to turn around 😂
Exactly!

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
a couple, how many years have you spent looking at ORION calculation logic?

do you even realize what I'm actually saying, or are you just chimping out over what you think I'm saying?
Sooo…I have seen you back Orion and blame PDS. Seeing as how most everyone who’s screen name doesn’t end in atstalking has the EXACT same complaints. Are you saying that everyone’s PDS is that bad? Does UPS need to retrain these people. If they are so important to the correct implementation of this system, why are they allowed to let it be so bad?

Brownwind

Sooo…I have seen you back Orion and blame PDS. Seeing as how most everyone who’s screen name doesn’t end in atstalking has the EXACT same complaints. Are you saying that everyone’s PDS is that bad? Does UPS need to retrain these people. If they are so important to the correct implementation of this system, why are they allowed to let it be so bad?
Simple solution is to make the ones that designed and/or promote the program use it. Once they use it in real time on a daily basis the argument will end.

Our regional management explained to us older people that it’s just a guide and it’s not perfect. They want us to use common sense when we get out there.

yes for the most part UPS has traditionally had horrible PDS who get little to no support from their managers and DMs