No overtime at hub.

Danphan98

Few weeks ago i did overtime for like a week straight and only got my hours for one day that week. Long story short my hub does not do over time i was told it was "cut out".

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Situations like that are the reason they have grievances. If they don’t do overtime they shouldn’t have let you work. Now that you already worked they have to pay you; that’s how it would be with any job too. Talk to your steward about it.

Justaloader

This is the way it is inside every building. Part-timers are not allowed overtime as its too expensive.
Happens in my hub every night. I'm part of the evening sort - they send us home by 10:30 at the latest, and then the sups finish "wrapping up" - loading irregs, etc. Don't get me started on the "sups should be working, file grievences" thing. I've already fought that battle both on here and at the hub.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Happens in my hub every night. I'm part of the evening sort - they send us home by 10:30 at the latest, and then the sups finish "wrapping up" - loading irregs, etc. Don't get me started on the "sups should be working, file grievences" thing. I've already fought that battle both on here and at the hub.
Well keep fighting that. Supervisors cannot send union employees home to avoid paying OT and then start working. That is a 10000000% grievance win every single time.

542thruNthru

Few weeks ago i did overtime for like a week straight and only got my hours for one day that week. Long story short my hub does not do over time i was told it was "cut out".

Wait.. let me make sure I got this right. You worked OT every day one week but when you got your check all OT hours were gone but for one day?

If that's true it's not only against the contract but its illegal.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
If you worked overtime, you get paid. Simple. Its against the law otherwise. Tell your Stewart. If that goes nowhere, contact labor dept immediately.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
screw the grievance. go get a Business card for any attorney. hand that card to your sup, saying this is the person to expect a phone call from regaurding illegal labor practices. give him a chance to correct the action. then, press charges anyways. hard ball.

542thruNthru

If you worked overtime, you get paid. Simple. Its against the law otherwise. Tell your Stewart. If that goes nowhere, contact labor dept immediately.
giphy (8).gif

FreedomOne

Th
Don't supervisors get fired for altering/falsifying time cards?
They never really get fired, just transferred to other centers where they hopefully don't get caught as quickly next time. I'm sure any and all deceptive/illegal practices are handed down from corporate management.