Took the bypass trailer to a wrong hub

Thebrownblob

Thanks man. This never happened before and I just can't believe I really did it.
All of us make mistakes. The key is to not continue to do it, and to put a lot of time in between ever doing it. You get paid by the hour slow down. Make sure you know what you’re doing. Good luck 👍

And welcome to Brown café

Johney

I'm gonna go with neither. How fast did they move it? If it made service, you'll just get that talk with the sup you already told.
You won't get fired...

If it missed service, that's thousands of late packages. Upper management will hear about that.
You still won't get fired.
This.

Kkool

All of us make mistakes. The key is to not continue to do it, and to put a lot of time in between ever doing it. You get paid by the hour slow down. Make sure you know what you’re doing. Good luck 👍

And welcome to Brown café
That's right. I'll keep that in mind. I'm new to UPS only with this company for 3 and half years. Thanks for your heads up

Johney

OK. then it won't make my weekend too bad.
I've seen it happen plenty of times. As long as it makes service you'll likely barely even hear about it. One time I'm picking up a container at the railyard, dispatch sends me # 601xxx I take it 5 miles down the road to the building it goes to, go back for another and to my dismay while looking for that trailer I come across the number I thought I just took to that building...WTF? So now I'm sweating bullets because I was sure the paperwork on the one I took went to that building. Now I'm second guessing myself. So I call dispatch and explain what's up....well apparently the one I took was (8 instead of 0). Both went to the same building and now dispatch knows why the other guy is calling saying he can't find his trailer.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Listen brother, I hope it’s a warning letter. Probably depends on if you have messed up before or have any discipline on file. My point was, if you paid me $44 an hour to bring something to your house from the store but I took it to a house in another county, would you still pay me?

Short answer yes we bring things to the wrong house all the time 😂

rod

Retired 23 years
Our Union Steward got in a pissing match with our Division Manage so the DM decided to ride with him. Long story short- driver took off in the wrong direction on his rural route (he had been running vacation routes) and didn't notice it for like 30 miles. Thirty miles out he had to turn around and tell the DM he screwed up. No---he didn't get fired.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
1719718090852.gif

Brownwind

I was on a route that normally takes a bypass load up to a hub Monday through Friday. Here's the thing Monday through Thursday is one hub, but on Friday I suppose to bring it to a different hub but I just didn't double check I have to take this load up to a different hub so I took it to the hub that I went these days instead. I dropped and left. On my way back they called me asked where did I dropped my load, by that time I realized I was at the wrong building. They said they gonna move it and probably will let my supervise know. So I called my supervisor in advance let he know what I did, I explained everything and said he understands will talk to me on Monday. Will I get a warning letter of this or I will got fire?
Yikes. Fortunately they had someone to move it. I’m guessing the hubs are close enough that it isn’t a big deal.
Discipline is a crapshoot lately. Don’t make it a habit and be cool when you’re talked to. Keep us posted.