Took the bypass trailer to a wrong hub

Philipjfry

I didn’t say that. I said it’s on a case by case basis just like package and it all depends on who the driver is. To make a sweeping statement like a previous poster did stating nothing will happen you’ll be fine is clueless.
I’ve always heard people say “it’s like working for a different company”
Can someone explain why it always seems that in feeder it’s this laid back relaxed environment and package we are used and abused? Make it make sense.

Package Stick

"Send it."
Can someone explain why it always seems that in feeder it’s this laid back relaxed environment and package we are used and abused? Make it make sense.
If you crash a set of doubles into a family minivan: 3mil and 1500+ pissed off customers.

Does that make sense?

ManInBrown

Totally different company but as far as discipline is concerned, if you screw up and they don’t like you it will be an issue. In feeders I might say two words to my direct supervisor in a month. In package like I’ve stated before I was a driver who stuck up for myself. 9.5 and everything else. I was in the office daily. 9 years in feeders I’ve been in the office for discipline maybe 3 times. It just doesn’t happen. Be an adult, do your job. They don’t care as long as you aren’t screwing around.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You have an accident in package, a tow truck comes to pull you out of a ditch. You have an accident in feeders and you’ll be on the 7 o’ clock news.

Philipjfry

Totally different company but as far as discipline is concerned, if you screw up and they don’t like you it will be an issue. In feeders I might say two words to my direct supervisor in a month. In package like I’ve stated before I was a driver who stuck up for myself. 9.5 and everything else. I was in the office daily. 9 years in feeders I’ve been in the office for discipline maybe 3 times. It just doesn’t happen. Be an adult, do your job. They don’t care as long as you aren’t screwing around.
I’m a big proponent of being an adult and doing my job but the pathetic management combined with micro-ing said management makes my head spin.

Philipjfry

If you crash a set of doubles into a family minivan: 3mil and 1500+ pissed off customers.

Does that make sense?
It does. Thats why when I hear guys talk about how great it is and relaxed I’m confused because you think it would be the other way around. Being super tight in feeders and like, a little more relaxed in package ? I’m dodging sprinklers and cruising around town. I’m not doing 70 on the turnpike and grandma just dropped her coffee in her lap.

Johney

Feeders was always laid back, I had a run and on Friday night I'd bring a set to a hub around 11:30 and sit there for sort down until 4:30, sometimes they'd forget I was there and give my load away so I'd go into dispatch asking are you guys sending me a load back? Oh dam we forgot about you just grab an empty and head back. Okie dokie.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It does. Thats why when I hear guys talk about how great it is and relaxed I’m confused because you think it would be the other way around. Being super tight in feeders and like, a little more relaxed in package ? I’m dodging sprinklers and cruising around town. I’m not doing 70 on the turnpike and grandma just dropped her coffee in her lap.
We've currently got maybe 5 onroads for 300+ drivers. If you don't hit anything you're not really on the radar. I don't even know who my onroad is at the moment.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Feeders doesn't go above 55. S L E E P E R S do 70 and want to go faster

ManInBrown

Feeders doesn't go above 55. S L E E P E R S do 70 and want to go faster
Sleepers and also mileage runs. We have a few. Of course like anything you’re going to have runner gunners, and here for the most part they are package transfers who were scaredy cats and were running for their life everyday in package. They can’t shake that out of them even when they come to feeders. It’s pathetic.