No Raise this Year?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I practiced plenty and made real money in numerous trades. Did you not read the post?
Don't listen to Upstate Van. Listen to the song Stevie Wonder wrote about him.
image.png

dex 84

As opposed to the countless threads on FedEx evil, employees good?

That thought never gets fully developed. We always get this idea that fedex isn't that bad, you just need to flip houses, trade stocks, marry someone with a six figure income, run a side business of some sort, or just pinch pennies to the point that you can get by on the meager restitution you traded away all your time for...

bacha29

I practiced plenty and made real money in numerous trades. Did you not read the post?
I simply buy stocks in quality companies with a DRIP and hold on to them. I don't get reckless or try to be a fancy futures trader in the age of algorithms and hedge funds When it comes to investing big egos are vulnerable to big ulcers.

vantexan

I simply buy stocks in quality companies with a DRIP and hold on to them. I don't get reckless or try to be a fancy futures trader in the age of algorithms and hedge funds When it comes to investing big egos are vulnerable to big ulcers.
And of course everyone who tries to get ahead has a big ego.

This is what I got today. October 2016 Pay Actions. Implementing the Step Progression plan. As we communicated last year, FedEx Express will implement a step progression pay plan for hourly pay codes 7I and above in October 2016. The first increases from the new plan will be effective oct 2nd and be reflected in your oct 14th paycheck. All employees will receive at least a 3% increase this year, including employees at top of the range. A step progression pay plan creates a regular schedule of raises. Pay rates increase with time-in-the-job as you move through your pay range. Step progression will reduce the amount of time it takes to reach the maximum of your pay range. The next half of the paper is Estimating October Increases which I don't feel like typing out.
TfPJs

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you knew what you were talking about you'd be scary. I chalk it up to a bump on a learning curve. You see you can have knowledge about futures, but trading is a whole other animal. It takes guts to put your money where your mouth is. As for a lucky streak, I knew exactly what I was doing on those small trades. Getting into very fast moving markets without very deep pockets is where the huge risk lies and is where I learned I was out of my league. But I had to learn it by taking a risk. And I knew how to mitigate the risk so that I got out with losing 10's of thousands beyond my initial investment. There are people who end up owing because they aren't familiar with trading mechanisms.

According to you, you went broke. Good thing you knew how to mitigate that risk and you were familiar with trading mechanisms!

But you do illustrate my earlier point that you believe you are superior to any courier, that we are where we are because we don't have the faculties necessary to achieve.

I don't know that I'm superior to very many couriers at all and I haven't the slightest idea whether or not you have the faculties needed to achieve. All I know is that you post crap about how broke you are and how the world has screwed you when you weren't screwing yourself.

At the end of the day though I'll get the freedom I want while you'll still keep humping to maintain your lifestyle. And constantly worry about maintaining it in retirement because you won't take the necessary risk. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can you?

I'm not humping to maintain my lifestyle now, so I don't know what you're talking about (and I'm pretty sure you don't, either). Won't have to move to the other side of the world to maintain it in retirement, either. Each time I read the story of the tortoise and the hare, the tortoise wins. You can have all the risk you want.