No Raise this Year?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's pretty...but it's fluf.

A and B get rolled into E, those 3 now become Base.
friend is now Base 1
H is now Base 2
J is now Base 3
L is now Base 4.

The % is how much greater top of range is vs Base.

No changes other than the elimination of the bottom 2 and having them rolled into Base along with E.

Like I say....its Fluf to make you feel good, but unless you were in A or B, no real change that you will see in your pay.

In other words, they've worked hard to make it as confusing as possible and screw as many people possible out of a raise.

It makes it sound like they want to make substantive change. They don't.

optikz

Just got a notification minimum 3% raise for all, if you are in between the steps (yet to be posted) you will get bumped to be in the next highest step and from there raises will go from step to step and not percentages (if this system continues that is)

When they release the steps we will see what it will look like but I'm guessing this still puts new hires at the same steps as people with 11 years or less
is the pay levels on the step system increasing 3% or just our hourly wage? then where ever we fall after 3%, we go to the next step?

Buhryein

Hourly wages 3% for all couriers then depending on where you stand you will either end up with only that 3% increase our you will get bumped to the next step if you are in between, they haven't listed the exact step ranges yet though.

optikz

Hourly wages 3% for all couriers then depending on where you stand you will either end up with only that 3% increase our you will get bumped to the next step if you are in between, they haven't listed the exact step ranges yet though.
that would benefit us midrange guys if they don't increase the step wages 3% and increase the hourly wage. we would gain an extra step on that ladder.

MAKAVELI

Banned
that would benefit us midrange guys if they don't increase the step wages 3% and increase the hourly wage. we would gain an extra step on that ladder.
If they are increasing the bottom and top, why would you think the steps won't increase.? They would have to cap starting and top to keep the steps the same.

Buhryein

The info they handed out said handlers get 3% , couriers all get 3% plus May get a step bump, again it says the step amounts have not been released yet but will be made known prior to October.

The info they handed out said handlers get 3% , couriers all get 3% plus May get a step bump, again it says the step amounts have not been released yet but will be made known prior to October.

I got that. The market consolidation graph with the percentages beside each base has me thrown off. I remember 7-8 years ago we bumped from a B to an A and pay went up a dollar and change.

Why is everything a riddle with this company???

Raiderfan32

Longtime lurker here. Love this forum. Could some of you that get this information post pics of the handouts? My station usually gets informed days or weeks after I read about it on here. Lol.

fedex_rtd

Yeh, I don't understand why they have to be so complicated about this step plans and everything, and I feel really bad for the midrange guy or gal, that after the 3% raise ends up landing on a step will have to settle for that while a coworker could end up a dime over the step ends up getting a much nicer raise.

Why the hell cant this company act like every other trucking company out there and just say 3% raise to minimum and maximum range, if your between them then an extra $1,$2,$3 for you?

This is like a game, because next year they are going to have to come out with another step chart to account for the traditional 3% top of range raise.

Buhryein

Info

Attachments

• IMAG3106.jpg
    IMAG3106.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 164

vantexan

Yeh, I don't understand why they have to be so complicated about this step plans and everything, and I feel really bad for the midrange guy or gal, that after the 3% raise ends up landing on a step will have to settle for that while a coworker could end up a dime over the step ends up getting a much nicer raise.

Why the hell cant this company act like every other trucking company out there and just say 3% raise to minimum and maximum range, if your between them then an extra $1,$2,$3 for you?

This is like a game, because next year they are going to have to come out with another step chart to account for the traditional 3% top of range raise.
Assuming they give top out anything next year. One thing probably certain is top of range employees will probably be seen as a liability. They cost too much. So anything to encourage them to leave, like not getting regular raises, will most likely happen. Might settle down a bit after clearing out the bulk of current topped out employees. Currently on lowest payscale there's about a $19k difference on 40 hrs. And most of the topped out folk get 9% of gross put into their pension as well as a bigger match on 401k. Don't forget that fifth week of vacation either. If any group has a target on their back, it's the topped out couriers.

vantexan

Uh oh. Based on that, my current rate plus 3% will put me under starting pay of the current E payscale, which looks to be base pay. Since it is supposed to be increased 3% too, looks like I'll be making around $17.57hr. A $1.75 increase, not bad, but looks like a bunch of us on lower end of B payscale will have to work 10 more years to reach top out. That'll include a lot of 4-5 year employees too.

Purplepackage

Uh oh. Based on that, my current rate plus 3% will put me under starting pay of the current E payscale, which looks to be base pay. Since it is supposed to be increased 3% too, looks like I'll be making around $17.57hr. A $1.75 increase, not bad, but looks like a bunch of us on lower end of B payscale will have to work 10 more years to reach top out. That'll include a lot of 4-5 year employees too.

Im pretty sure starting rate in the E market is currently 17.05

Jayhawk

Assuming they give top out anything next year. One thing probably certain is top of range employees will probably be seen as a liability. They cost too much. So anything to encourage them to leave, like not getting regular raises, will most likely happen. Might settle down a bit after clearing out the bulk of current topped out employees. Currently on lowest payscale there's about a $19k difference on 40 hrs. And most of the topped out folk get 9% of gross put into their pension as well as a bigger match on 401k. Don't forget that fifth week of vacation either. If any group has a target on their back, it's the topped out couriers.
Couldn't disagree more. Top of range have always received the best treatment.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

It's all smoke and mirrors my friend.

fdxsux

This is true. Remember the quartile system? The top two quartiles got much better raises than the bottom two. Top of range always gets a 3 percent increase which usually amounts to more than the mid range even if they get a slightly higher percentage. FedEx has to keep the guys at the top happy to make sure their are never enough votes for a union.

vantexan

Im pretty sure starting rate in the E market is currently 17.05
But starting pay is increasing 3%(it's currently $17.06). I may be off but that should get it to around $17.57. A 10 year coworker told me he's making about $16.50. Using current pay plus 3% looks like even he is looking at another 10 years to top out. Hope I'm wrong.

optikz

But starting pay is increasing 3%(it's currently $17.06). I may be off but that should get it to around $17.57. A 10 year coworker told me he's making about $16.50. Using current pay plus 3% looks like even he is looking at another 10 years to top out. Hope I'm wrong.
he's making less than starting pay?? wow. how is that even right?

vantexan

That's when they were stringing along mid-range forever and depended on senior couriers to keep it all together with the turnover. Now they're committing to a 10 year top-out and suddenly those senior couriers look very expensive. Not knocking senior couriers, just speculating on the company's perspective. Dano has repeatedly been critical here of older couriers. If only they'd offer $10k to anyone with 25 years in to retire.

Last edited: