Not my Union

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No it’s not enough, because in 5 years 100k is gonna equal what 50k was 3 years ago
IMG_4609.gif

bdmiz

By the end of this contract, $100,000/year will most likely be equal to $70,000/year in 2020. If not less.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

don't get into the details, that would mean we can't throw a large number around and talk about how great it is.

nWo

It seems like the main argument against this contract is that the raises for new hires are too much. The guy that was hired after me should be making a lot less than me is a weird argument.

mikejonesjr

$7.50-$9.00 in raises over 5 years is unheard of. SOB took care of the pt pay issue.
That’s because we are all underpaid like $3 an hour or more as it is. A 7.50 raise for PT by 2027 isn’t enough when your starting point is already dog :censored2:. And then on top of that not bringing up those with years worked already. Plain and simple

mikejonesjr

It seems like the main argument against this contract is that the raises for new hires are too much. The guy that was hired after me should be making a lot less than me is a weird argument.
No. Idc if a new hire makes $21 an hr. But a know a close to 10 year employee shouldn’t be making $21.50 because that is what is weird not to mention they are underpaid once again. Pretty common sense at any job. Point me to a job where a 9 year employee only makes 50 cents more than someone on their second day. Guys who started in 2019 and worked thru Covid are making the same as new hires. Do you understand now

Trucker Clock

Point me to a job where a 9 year employee only makes 50 cents more than someone on their second day.

Why do you think you should be paid more for doing the same job as someone else just because you've been here longer? Are you entitled?

The PT rate is starting to catch up to where it should be. About $30/hr by the end of the contract.

You could have had this years ago but the PTers never stood up for themselves, and never voted on contracts. We finally stood up for you, because you wouldn't stand up for yourselves, got you guys more money and you're now bitching that a new hire makes as much as you.

You sound like one of those that are never satisfied, no matter what you get. You will always find something to bitch about.

No. Idc if a new hire makes $21 an hr. But a know a close to 10 year employee shouldn’t be making $21.50 because that is what is weird not to mention they are underpaid once again. Pretty common sense at any job. Point me to a job where a 9 year employee only makes 50 cents more than someone on their second day. Guys who started in 2019 and worked thru Covid are making the same as new hires. Do you understand now
I understand PT work here was designed to be transient. I understand that you haven't offered any valuable skill that a PTer at 30 days doesn't offer. You should all make the same.

HarryWarden

Nah, I’m wouldn’t care making the same as a new guy if I’m adequately paid, like what’s happening now with MRA. What sucks is still being underpaid AND making same as a new hire

mikejonesjr

S
I understand PT work here was designed to be transient. I understand that you haven't offered any valuable skill that a PTer at 30 days doesn't offer. You should all make the same.
Ok and do top rate full timers offer a valuable skill that someone in their second year doesn’t? No but that’s job how jobs work you do it longer you make more. Whenever a contract raises the new minimum start pay for drivers then that’s what you should all make then. Never progress beyond that since that’s your logic and since you’re not $20 an hr more valuable than a first year driver.

S

Ok and do top rate full timers offer a valuable skill that someone in their second year doesn’t? No but that’s job how jobs work you do it longer you make more. Whenever a contract raises the new minimum start pay for drivers then that’s what you should all make then. Never progress beyond that since that’s your logic and since you’re not $20 an hr more valuable than a first year driver.
I'm definitely not, we should get paid the same, progression should be a year, two at most. A four-year driver makes what a thirty-four driver makes, is that unfair?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Unionism 101. Same job for same pay.

That way a company can’t reward someone for being more productive, punish someone else for being less productive, or having a different skin color or surgically corrected carrot bag or whatever the hell else is coming down the line.

Buh-bye.