Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
funny_picdump_1111_640_46.jpg

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Thank God for the men who don't consider being a father as "playing Daddy". Where would our kids be without them?
There is an entire generation both male and female you can look at for that answer

My wife is under 30 yoa

She's a "professional home maker" not a stay at home mom

My kids fear her because she parents them instead of friending them

She starts dinner at noon not because she's trying to impress someone but rather that's how long it takes to make real food

We don't go to McDonald's

We didn't get divorced when things got hard in our marriage like most people our age do if we did there are some pretty cool people who wouldn't exist

We dont blame each other for each others behavior

Sadly

We are the exception

Look around, this world is what it looks like when boys (and girls) decide not to play daddy

/rant

(Btw I think Dave was trying to make s funny)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sometimes being a good Dad means having to work. I missed most of Joeboopup's Christmas programs because as a family, this is the time when Daddy was helping Santa.
We watched my brother and I old church Xmas program this weekend. I asked my parents seriously. What enjoyment did you get from this? Laughing at us?

Because I know 90% of the kids up there are pissed off and miserable.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There is an entire generation both male and female you can look at for that answer

My wife is under 30 yoa

She starts dinner at noon not because she's trying to impress someone but rather that's how long it takes to make real food

We didn't get divorced when things got hard in our marriage like most people our age do if we did there are some pretty cool people who wouldn't exist

Sadly

We are the exception

Look around, this world is what it looks like when boys (and girls) decide not to play daddy

/rant

I agree with you 100%. It just bothers me when someone says a man is "playing Daddy" when they're just doing the right thing. But it also bothers me when a man says he's "baby sitting" his kids. They're his. How can he be babysitting? Lol.

(I knew he was trying to make a funny. ;))

Brownslave688

My wife is under 30 yoa

Sadly

We are the exception

/rant

Had someone ask my wife this summer how long we had been married.

9 years.

Person said oh it's so nice to see a couple that's stayed together so long.

Wut?

Brownslave688

Well if all goes well this time the kid will come about a month before football season. Wife agreed it shouldn't cause us to miss any games :)

Forcing my kid to watch what mizzou football was this year could be child abuse though. So I hope we get better.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We watched my brother and I old church Xmas program this weekend. I asked my parents seriously. What enjoyment did you get from this? Laughing at us?

Because I know 90% of the kids up there are :censored2: off and miserable.
As one who has been to many of those type things, it's friggin torture. Lol. I know some parents love it, not me. I've always done it because it means the world to your children. It's painful to see the look of hurt on their faces when you tell them you can't be there. But when they see your face in the crowd, the smile on their face makes up for the misery of sitting through a performance. Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well if all goes well this time the kid will come about a month before football season. Wife agreed it shouldn't cause us to miss any games :)

Forcing my kid to watch what mizzou football was this year could be child abuse though. So I hope we get better.

You're such a man. You just find out about the baby and you're already thinking of how it will fit into football season. Lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
As one who has been to many of those type things, it's friggin torture. Lol. I know some parents love it, not me. I've always done it because it means the world to your children. It's painful to see the look of hurt on their faces when you tell them you can't be there. But when they see your face in the crowd, the smile on their face makes up for the misery of sitting through a performance. Lol.

Those shows are definitely for the parents and not for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.