Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I got an e-mail from my insurance company. I was bitching about the rate creep when I got my bill a couple of days ago and from same company. They didn't have my correct phone number which I can understand because I dropped my landline a couple of years ago. What was unbelievable was when I called them they started saying they were using the phone number listed with my mortgage company. I have no mortgage company because I paid it off almost 10 years ago. I have been getting the bill mailed to my house and been paying it that way for years. The payment does go to a different office but that sounds as bad as something UPS HR would do.
Maybe you have some money coming back to you.

upschuck

I got an e-mail from my insurance company. I was bitching about the rate creep when I got my bill a couple of days ago and from same company. They didn't have my correct phone number which I can understand because I dropped my landline a couple of years ago. What was unbelievable was when I called them they started saying they were using the phone number listed with my mortgage company. I have no mortgage company because I paid it off almost 10 years ago. I have been getting the bill mailed to my house and been paying it that way for years. The payment does go to a different office but that sounds as bad as something UPS HR would do.
They are betting on the consumer too lazy to switch companies. I did it about a year ago, and saved a ton of money.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
the-barbie-elf-on-the-shelf.jpg

upschuck

Not likely. The insurance woman did say she would look and see if she could reduce my payment a little since I am a long time customer. She will call me back about it in a couple of days.
Stall tactic. She'll come back with a small discount.

oldngray

nowhere special
They are betting on the consumer too lazy to switch companies. I did it about a year ago, and saved a ton of money.

I did change my life insurance a couple of years ago and am saving a ton. My home and auto won't go much lower than what I am paying but every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.