Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
14719006032191374740220.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All this talk of the Civil War or as they call it down south, the War of Southern Succession, made want to try this...
Never heard Southern Secession but I grew up hearing it called the War of Northern Aggression or The War.
Bottom line, the Northern states conquered the Southern states.
Conquerors write history, as they say.
My only ancestor that fought in the war of Northern Aggression was a Union soldier.
They were all mountain folk in the Appalachians in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and North and South Carolina right before and after the war ... mostly Scottish and Irish rebels.
Wylie Blount Smith, my great-grandfather, joined in Tennessee and fought for the Union and met his wife in South Georgia when Sherman came through.
It's sort of a family shame and nobody talks about him being a Yankee soldier.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had an 83 Shadow. Good bike. Very little maintenance required. I ended up selling it because I hardly ever had time to ride it.
It's light, nimble bike (for it's time) and I still love ride it for local errands, etc.
No more than an hour one way ... vibrates like a damn old Harley.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Well that's what happens when one surrenders! :tap out:
Lee had no choice. In just about every battle he out generalled every general the Union threw at him. It wasn't until Grant and his strategy of total war did Lee raise the white flag. His men were starving and they had virtually no ammunition. It would be futile and a total waste of life to carry on. I highly recommend you read "The Civil War" by Shelby Foote.

Status
Not open for further replies.