Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard Southern Secession but I grew up hearing it called the War of Northern Aggression or The War.
Bottom line, the Northern states conquered the Southern states.
Conquerors write history, as they say.
My only ancestor that fought in the war of Northern Aggression was a Union soldier.
They were all mountain folk in the Appalachians in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and North and South Carolina right before and after the war ... mostly Scottish and Irish rebels.
Wylie Blount Smith, my great-grandfather, joined in Tennessee and fought for the Union and met his wife in South Georgia when Sherman came through.
It's sort of a family shame and nobody talks about him being a Yankee soldier.
You lost, we won.

Now please he quiet

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Never heard Southern Secession but I grew up hearing it called the War of Northern Aggression or The War.
Bottom line, the Northern states conquered the Southern states.
Conquerors write history, as they say.
My only ancestor that fought in the war of Northern Aggression was a Union soldier.
They were all mountain folk in the Appalachians in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and North and South Carolina right before and after the war ... mostly Scottish and Irish rebels.
Wylie Blount Smith, my great-grandfather, joined in Tennessee and fought for the Union and met his wife in South Georgia when Sherman came through.
It's sort of a family shame and nobody talks about him being a Yankee soldier.
That was very common especially in the border states and mountainous regions in the south. Happened in the north as well. Gen. Pemberton, the commander of the defense of Vicksburg, was from Pennsylvania. Caused quite a scandal when he surrendered to Grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.