Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Nice! I've seen the "kits" that you get a blank and pick the guides and handle stuff like that. I always thought about trying it but never did. I'll have to do that now. Just to save some $$$.

I don't know what's hot in blanks now, and I only built fly and ultralight spinning rods.

If you do your research, you can build an awesome stick for a lot less than what you can find in a store. And, you did it yourself with all the components you want.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I don't know what's hot in blanks now, and I only built fly and ultralight spinning rods.

If you do your research, you can build an awesome stick for a lot less than what you can find in a store. And, you did it yourself with all the components you want.

I know the St. Crouix blanks are pretty good and I believe maybe G Loomis is putting out blanks.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I know the St. Crouix blanks are pretty good and I believe maybe G Loomis is putting out blanks.

You can't go wrong with Loomis, if the quality is still what it used to be.

I got a screaming deal on a 9 ft Loomis fly rod blank from a guy I used to deliver to.

Great rod.

Also, check to see if the blanks are sheet wrapped or filament wound. I like filament wound for both rods and club shafts. Not as strong a spine.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
You can't go wrong with Loomis, if the quality is still what it used to be.

I got a screaming deal on a 9 ft Loomis fly rod blank from a guy I used to deliver to.

Great rod.

Also, check to see if the blanks are sheet wrapped or filament wound. I like filament wound for both rods and club shafts. Not as strong a spine.

I've got 1 Loomis now. It's an older one. An old buddy had a bunch of rods stolen off his boat one day at a tournament. The idiot left all of his stuff on the deck because he was too lazy to put it all up in my truck. Well to get to the point, insurance covered it all and he got new stuff. He bought a brand new Loomis. First day he took it out, he snapped it throwing a frog. I've been kind of iffy on spending the money for one, even though they ended up taking care of him. And that could just be a bad egg in the batch and he just happened to get it. Who knows. I'm a big fan of the Bass Pro, Temple Fork, and St. Crouix rods. They're good all greatrods.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've got 1 Loomis now. It's an older one. An old buddy had a bunch of rods stolen off his boat one day at a tournament. The idiot left all of his stuff on the deck because he was too lazy to put it all up in my truck. Well to get to the point, insurance covered it all and he got new stuff. He bought a brand new Loomis. First day he took it out, he snapped it throwing a frog. I've been kind of iffy on spending the money for one, even though they ended up taking care of him. And that could just be a bad egg in the batch and he just happened to get it. Who knows. I'm a big fan of the Bass Pro, Temple Fork, and St. Crouix rods. They're good all greatrods.

Poke around online for rod building forums. Read for a while before you make a decision.

You might have fun building your own. I did.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Poke around online for rod building forums. Read for a while before you make a decision.

You might have fun building your own. I did.

Just what I need, another hobby lol. I'd like to start making my own baits. Plastics, hair jigs for bass, and maribu jigs for the panfish. Think I'd get carried away lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpeg

Good morning, Fluffers!

moreluck

golden ticket member
"fill your life with adventures?" Then dementia comes and you got nothing because you failed to buy the trinkets!

Eye candy wins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.