Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Honest question. While planning for your retirement do you factor in the pension? It just seems like there is so much uncertainty with the pensions. I would be nervous if I was just starting out as a FT driver, not knowing if I'd ever see it.
Personally no.

I don't plan on having it or SS.

The plan is retire with 8-10 million in 401k's

oldngray

nowhere special
Honest question. While planning for your retirement do you factor in the pension? It just seems like there is so much uncertainty with the pensions. I would be nervous if I was just starting out as a FT driver, not knowing if I'd ever see it.

I did factor in pension but I wouldn't now if I was starting over. I didn't factor in social security at all. I look at that as bonus money if I get any.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I did factor in pension but I wouldn't now if I was starting over. I didn't factor in social security at all. I look at that as bonus money if I get any.
Sounds like the smart move to make. I'm just starting out (and getting murdered by student loans) so I'm planning on the 401K only. It will be nice moving to FT so I can make some meaningful contributions to it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sounds like the smart move to make. I'm just starting out (and getting murdered by student loans) so I'm planning on the 401K only. It will be nice moving to FT so I can make some meaningful contributions to it.

I worked nights and paid my way through college without any loans. Tuition was many times more reasonable then though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's scary to think about.

I know plenty of drivers who are still working because there hasn't been a pension increase since like 1990. Problem was drivers then were over promised compared to their contributions.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I worked nights and paid my way through college without any loans. Tuition was many times more reasonable then though.
My tuition actually wasn't bad. UPS covered a huge chunk. It was the flying that killed me. $200 an hour x200 hours. Then another 50 and $450 an hour. I want to hang myself looking at my student loans.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's scary to think about.

I know plenty of drivers who are still working because there hasn't been a pension increase since like 1990. Problem was drivers then were over promised compared to their contributions.
I can imagine. I would never want to be in that position. People on here think I'm nuts, but I can't see a driver in 10 years even having a pension. They're all going away or bankrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.