Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
I can imagine. I would never want to be in that position. People on here think I'm nuts, but I can't see a driver in 10 years even having a pension. They're all going away or bankrupt.

The drivers who started before 401k's were available are the ones potentially getting screwed the worst.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can imagine. I would never want to be in that position. People on here think I'm nuts, but I can't see a driver in 10 years even having a pension. They're all going away or bankrupt.
Mines in pretty good shape. Still not counting on it and I know the wife and I will be :censored2:ed come SS. Ours will be cut to pay for those that didn't save.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have your house and all loans paid off it takes surprisingly little to live on. It just depends on your priorities and how much you want to spend money on.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you have your house and all loans paid off it takes surprisingly little to live on. It just depends on your priorities and how much you want to spend money on.
I already told ClerkGirl we aren't going to live high off the hog for a while. I want to get rid of the loans and pay for my car. Then we will worry about a house and family.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Saw a lady yesterday spend $50 on cigs and scratch offs. Pure white trash.

Not working at 2 pm on a Tuesday......I'm sure her and her husband are just on vacation this week.
I used to grab a can of chew on occasion after school and every day there was a guy there getting his quick pick tickets grouchy wondering when his time was finally gonna come.

Uh buddy, if you invested all the money you've wasted you would have that luck.

oldngray

nowhere special
I already told ClerkGirl we aren't going to live high off the hog for a while. I want to get rid of the loans and pay for my car. Then we will worry about a house and family.

The first year after I retired I was very miserly because I still wasn't sure how much I would need to spend. After I got over the fear of spending I buy something if I want it now but don't go crazy about buying things I don't need. And am still saving more than I spend each month.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I used to grab a can of chew on occasion after school and every day there was a guy there getting his quick pick tickets grouchy wondering when his time was finally gonna come.

Uh buddy, if you invested all the money you've wasted you would have that luck.
My grandma won $20k on slots. She wasn't stupid she told people. This might get me back to even after all the years of losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.