Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's not what @Johnnyfootball2014 and @Brownslave688 say. They told @Operational needs she had to have a torque wrench or she couldn't fix her car.
image.jpg

MAKAVELI

It helps to have one to ensure quality work.
LOL. Been out of town. A torque wrench is vitally important in some situations. On brakes it is helpful to use a torque wrench to prevent distorting the rotors. Over tightening and uneven torque can distort the rotors when the wheels are installed.
I manage without one. I've been turning wrenches professionally for 20 years.
Thank you!! @stopsperhour, you see this? Lol.
I suggest you read what @1BRONWRENCH posted. I never said a torque wrench was required to do brakes. To do the job correctly and accurately, yes you do. I merely was trying to give some advice to someone who doesn't know anything about cars( you ). I don't know a real mechanic that doesn't own one and use it for many different parts of the car. Manufacturers list torque specs for just about every nut and bolt in a car. They do that for a reason. Now if you want to trust a hack who doesn't care about accuracy, especially when it comes to safety. That's your choice. I'll trust someone who has been turning wrenches for 40 years and just about every make.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I suggest you read what @1BRONWRENCH posted. I never said a torque wrench was required to do brakes. To do the job correctly and accurately, yes you do. I merely was trying to give some advice to someone who doesn't know anything about cars( you ). I don't know a real mechanic that doesn't own one and use it for many different parts of the car. Manufacturers list torque specs for just about every nut and bolt in a car. They do that for a reason. Now if you want to trust a hack who doesn't care about accuracy, especially when it comes to safety. That's your choice. I'll trust someone who has been turning wrenches for 40 years and just about every make.
oYEFTWB.gif

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
FYI I do use one all the time, but not on brakes or wheels. We use air impacts on the wheels with some forthcoming torque sticks. A torque wrench would take far too long.

MAKAVELI

FYI I do use one all the time, but not on brakes or wheels. We use air impacts on the wheels with some forthcoming torque sticks. A torque wrench would take far too long.
A personal preference I guess for you. Whether it's torque sticks or a wrench, you are still using either for accuracy. Someone who is a novice should always use a wrench. I've seen so many times when someone who thought they knew what they were doing, having to take the car to a mechanic to fix their repair.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think all anyone here was trying to say is there's a lot of room between using a torque wrench for everything and being a hack. Some can't understand that I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.