Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAKAVELI

I think all anyone here was trying to say is there's a lot of room between using a torque wrench for everything and being a hack. Some can't understand that I guess.
And some don't understand that a novice should always do it the correct way. Would you say you don't need a torque wrench to put an engine together either?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My years of experience provided me with a calibrated finger and elbow for the more mundane fastener work. I've seen the newbies frequently overtighten and strip things, or repeatedly have things fall apart being too timid with the air impact.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I suggest you read what @1BRONWRENCH posted. I never said a torque wrench was required to do brakes. To do the job correctly and accurately, yes you do. I merely was trying to give some advice to someone who doesn't know anything about cars( you ). I don't know a real mechanic that doesn't own one and use it for many different parts of the car. Manufacturers list torque specs for just about every nut and bolt in a car. They do that for a reason. Now if you want to trust a hack who doesn't care about accuracy, especially when it comes to safety. That's your choice. I'll trust someone who has been turning wrenches for 40 years and just about every make.
Here's a better example of how to do a brake job. And yes he uses a torque wrench. When it comes to safety or accuracy a REAL mechanic will always use a torque wrench.
While you didn't say a torque wrench was required, you DID say that a REAL mechanic will always use a torque wrench for brakes.

Give it up and go back to Current Events. No one cares for your know it all attitude.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If the brakes themselves I worked on were more fragile, a torque wrench would most definitely more of a necessity (and make working with them much slower). That being said, usually there are only 2 threaded fasteners at the most per wheel.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Give it up and go back to Current Events. No one cares for your know it all attitude.

m87CpUV.gif

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Sleep is a crutch.

opjjefe.gif
Too many PANZYASCZZES worry about how much sleep they get, I don't get it. Give me 5 hours sleep during the week and im good. That's falling right into UPS mindtrap, they wanna control every aspect of your life and going to bed super early falls right into their trap. I go to bed when I feel like it, their not controlling that aspect of my life lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Too many PANZYASCZZES worry about how much sleep they get, I don't get it. Give me 5 hours sleep during the week and im good. That's falling right into UPS mindtrap, they wanna control every aspect of your life and going to bed super early falls right into their trap. I go to bed when I feel like it, their not controlling that aspect of my life lol.
If Miss Elizabeth was in your bed, you'd be in bed in a flash!
images

Status
Not open for further replies.