Not open for further replies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Nerd juice.
2000s-slang-pimpjuice.gif
lol

T

Turdferguson

Hey, I went from working on Artificial Intelligence with mentors like Noam Chomsky to working at UPS.
You makes choices and live with them.
Do rickyb and wkmac know you worked with their idol?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If I would have been motivated enough in high school, I might have applied myself a little more in my academic program and gotten into physics. I would probably be sitting in front of a computer screen in a dusty university office with a chalkboard in the background right now.

If I had been really motivated in high school, I would have moved into the vo-tech program and studied refrigeration mechanics (my dad's trade). I would probably had sold out 15 years ago, with more money than God, and be sitting on a beach right now.

Oh, well.
Package donkey........
Hey, I went from working on Artificial Intelligence with mentors like Noam Chomsky to working at UPS.
TUESDAY, OCT 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT
Noam Chomsky: America is a plutocracy masquerading as a democracy

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do rickyb and wkmac know you worked with their idol?
I don't know.
I know wkmac and I have discussed Chomsky.
Rickyb would be rejected by Chomsky immediately.
He is not one to suffer fools lightly.

He talked and I listened although I did correspond with him on some "I-Thou" thresholds.
His premise was that any entity (natural or artificial) becomes intelligent the instant it understands that it is an "I" and the everything else is a "Thou".

Fun stuff ... I have not thought about this stuff in years.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My net worth is probably 10 times what it would have been as an Artificial Intelligence scientist/engineer.
Therefore, I say I made the right choice.

Anyway, while I may be smarter than the Average Joe, I was out of my league with these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.