Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Let's hope this pension fund thing is a big eye opener for people. Take control of your own life and quit depending on others.

What's even worse is ss. The way it's looking now is my wife will max out her SS every year of her working life and never see a dime Because it will go to those "less fortunate"

oldngray

nowhere special
Let's hope this pension fund thing is a big eye opener for people. Take control of your own life and quit depending on others.

What's even worse is ss. The way it's looking now is my wife will max out her SS every year of her working life and never see a dime Because it will go to those "less fortunate"

The real problem is that the people hit hardest are the ones who retired before 2008 and have few options.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Hope and Change.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
But we as upsers made plenty to of been able to save. No?

We should save but you also need to remember that those retirees made plans with the pension amounts they were promised. It is also a defined pension which will never increase after you retire. You plan for that fixed amount and no more but not for it to be cut by about 60%. The pensions they are getting may also be less than current retirees get depending on when they retired.

401k's are great but they didn't even exist when I first started at UPS. You need to take that into account too.

We should save but you also need to remember that those retirees made plans with the pension amounts they were promised. It is also a defined pension which will never increase after you retire. You plan for that fixed amount and no more but not for it to be cut by about 60%. The pensions they are getting may also be less than current retirees get depending on when they retired.

401k's are great but they didn't even exist when I first started at UPS. You need to take that into account too.
We had the Thrift plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.