Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We should save but you also need to remember that those retirees made plans with the pension amounts they were promised. It is also a defined pension which will never increase after you retire. You plan for that fixed amount and no more but not for it to be cut by about 60%. The pensions they are getting may also be less than current retirees get depending on when they retired.

401k's are great but they didn't even exist when I first started at UPS. You need to take that into account too.
I've said before I feel bad for the generation that grew up thinking work 30 years retire the company takes care of you. Then had that rug pulled from them.

But I don't see how people couldn't see $20 a week into their pension was never gonna sustain $3000 a month for the rest of their lives.

I've said before I feel bad for the generation that grew up thinking work 30 years retire the company takes care of you. Then had that rug pulled from them.

But I don't see how people couldn't see $20 a week into their pension was never gonna sustain $3000 a month for the rest of their lives.
Now they are putting in over $400 a week and it's still not working.

Johney

Pineapple King
What's even worse is ss. The way it's looking now is my wife will max out her SS every year of her working life and never see a dime Because it will go to those "less fortunate"
Right? They keep telling me there will be nothing for me in the future....yet they keep taking it from me?????? WTF?

oldngray

nowhere special
did @Operational needs forget something?
daily_picdump_1942_640_29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.