Nothingness Fluff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
nappy-brown-something-gonna-jump-out-the-bushes.jpg
If I even used the word "nappy" I would be called a racist.....doesn't matter that I would be describing material to re-cover a couch !

oldngray

nowhere special
View attachment 17963 Found one...outside of Wal-Mart of all places!

NYC Phone Booths Could Be Tracking You

The outdoor media company Titan, ad space broker for 5,000 New York City phone kiosks, has installed some 500 people-tracking “beacons” in phone booths throughout the Big Apple, BuzzFeed reported Monday, and while the city’s Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications OK’d the installation, the public was never apprised of the plan.

8270191556_a460deb7bb_z-620x465.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/06/nyc-phone-booths-could-be-tracking-you/

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
NYC Phone Booths Could Be Tracking You

The outdoor media company Titan, ad space broker for 5,000 New York City phone kiosks, has installed some 500 people-tracking “beacons” in phone booths throughout the Big Apple, BuzzFeed reported Monday, and while the city’s Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications OK’d the installation, the public was never apprised of the plan.

8270191556_a460deb7bb_z-620x465.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/06/nyc-phone-booths-could-be-tracking-you/
Tracking us? I thought they were time portals...kinda like a Delorean without the jiggawatts and 88mph....lol

moreluck

golden ticket member
Those are exactly like the switchboards at Ohio Bell where I worked right out of high school.......only I was a long distance operator, not information. We looked down on the information operators. They didn't have to train as long as we did.

rod

Retired 23 years
Those are exactly like the switchboards at Ohio Bell where I worked right out of high school.......only I was a long distance operator, not information. We looked down on the information operators. They didn't have to train as long as we did.

My Mother was a telephone operator for years for North Western Bell. From the late 40's to the early 70's. She did the "switch board' thing. I remember her having to work some split shifts and just hating it. I've still got a little gold ring that was given to her for 25 years of service. She was so short that it was even stated on her drivers license that she must sit on some kind of cushion when driving (to see over the steering wheel). I on the other hand got all the tall/fat genes in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.