Nothingness Fluff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-64.jpeg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Hope they put jackstands under the frame or else the springs will be squashed. That appears to be an ElCamino and water weighs 10lbs per gallon. Novel idea. No problem with that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw a picture of someone doing that before. I'm not sure but I think it was 3 or 4 thousand pounds of water in a half ton pickup bed.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
:slap:And don't let a front end loader just dump a yard of gravel into your pickup with the tailgate open. The box will explode.

I once got some 2b gravel for my step-father in my 1995 Nissan 4wd regular cab. It was an honest-to-god 3/4 ton truck (5000 lb gvw and 3500 lb curb).

The guy in the quarry was running a full-size front-end loader, and dumped the stone in slowly, probably waiting for the springs to sag.

But, they didn't! I went in looking for about a half ton, and left with 2700 lbs of stone!

I miss that little truck!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I once got some 2b gravel for my step-father in my 1995 Nissan 4wd regular cab. It was an honest-to-god 3/4 ton truck (5000 lb gvw and 3500 lb curb).

The guy in the quarry was running a full-size front-end loader, and dumped the stone in slowly, probably waiting for the springs to sag.

But, they didn't! I went in looking for about a half ton, and left with 2700 lbs of stone!

I miss that little truck!
Sounds like my 1987 chevy half ton. 2.2 tons of crushed stone at the local quarry. Needed axle seals after that, & the transmission went out soon after too.

Status
Not open for further replies.