Occupy Wall Street

brett636

Many republic countries out there.
Like Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Ireland, Czech Republic, even Mexico just to name a few. Hundreds more, basically any Country that doesn't have a monarchy in some form or another.

Although, I'm not surprised you wouldn't know that.

Wha? where did this come from? I can just picture you sitting in front of your computer with a half empty liquor bottle because its too cold to sell wieners, but I was talking about the U.S. I was not referring to other countries nor is this thread about other countries. This thread is about the United States, and the fact that you try to interject nonsense about other nations that is irrelevant to this discussion only proves you are in way above your head.

klein

Für Meno :)
Wha? where did this come from? I can just picture you sitting in front of your computer with a half empty liquor bottle because its too cold to sell wieners, but I was talking about the U.S. I was not referring to other countries nor is this thread about other countries. This thread is about the United States, and the fact that you try to interject nonsense about other nations that is irrelevant to this discussion only proves you are in way above your head.

So, please tell us, what you meant by saying the USA is Republic !

moreluck

golden ticket member
A Constitutional Republic has some similarities to democracy in that it uses democratic processes to elect representatives and pass new laws, etc. The critical difference lies in the fact that a Constitutional Republic has a Constitution that limits the powers of the government. It also spells out how the government is structured, creating checks on its power and balancing power between the different branches.

klein

A Constitutional Republic has some similarities to democracy in that it uses democratic processes to elect representatives and pass new laws, etc. The critical difference lies in the fact that a Constitutional Republic has a Constitution that limits the powers of the government. It also spells out how the government is structured, creating checks on its power and balancing power between the different branches.

Looks great on paper , doesn't it ?

steward71

So, please tell us, what you meant by saying the USA is Republic !

It is what our founding fathers give to us. We are not just a republic but a Consitutional Republic meaning:
is the current form of goverment in the US by definition which has two priciple elements, first is controled by law second it recogizes the private independent sovereign nature of each person, which is created and controlled by the Constituntion. Our Constitution was based on the Bible, the Magna Carta and the Declaration of Independnce.

Some say that we are a Democracy which in its simple terms is popular government, the people, by the people, the right of the people to rule, the supreme power to is lodge in the hands of the people collectively which again is based on views for the Bible, Magna Carta and the Delatation of Independence.

Which as each day goes by I believe we don't have anymore.

I do feel the protesters have points to be made about the major companies that were bailed out by our government. We can all come here and give our in put on this issue, but I fell that everyone one in the voting system is to blame not just companies or banks. If we are true land of law, made by the people we would not have been sleep at the wheel for so long. We must ask ourself one very simple questions why did we keep voting in Reprsentatives in congress in, the white house and in state and local governements that did this over the last 6o years. The people we voted into the office are the ones that gave the money to them, so if we voted them there to Rep. us then we the people are to blame. So maybe instead of protesting in public parks maybe we should be going up and see what is happened up in Washington DC. and Bring the America home were she belongs, in hands of the people who pass the laws. Dr. King did feel that that protesting is good but his idea of peace walking on Washington DC was great and let them know he was not going away. We can longer afford to see one side of the issue we have to come to terms that most of the American people are in the center of both sides, many have view points of the left and the right. Some people come here and give **** support for something they think they know all about just becasue they a hold office at some local union and thier view point is the only one is right. Then there are the ones that come here who are with the left and the rigth who can see both sides of the agreement who don't feel they have prove everyone wrong. Yes, I have voted for both GOP and DEMS. I don't care if you agree are not that is how i feel and we the people must stop the ass heads in DC and vote them out of office.

klein

Some news media actually predicts up to 75% of congress may lose thier jobs in the next election - people just had enough.
Vote all those bums out that won't comprimise for the good of the country.
I sure hope that happens, it was seen in the mid terms....

Persoanlly, I think you need some new fresh people being elected, the old stubbern ones need to go.
But, even the young have been brainwashed, like Brett (BC member), who wants to pay more taxes then a single person, because that's how much it means to him to have a republican president.

I have switched my votes back and forth , too.
I give myself partial credit for kicking out the conservative party at 1 time, and they even lost official Party status. (those that I mostly vote for)
Last election, earlier this year - the liberals lost their official party status. (Great, totally hated thier future plans).

So, I'm not the only one that will change votes, we all do.
Mostly because we are intellegent enough to look at the parties platform and their goals ahead.

Btw, losing offical Party Status here, is a big time loss - it means you can no longer make tax deductable donations to that party, besides many other concequences.

klein

And they are suppose to occupy the Whiehouse or other parlaments ? (Wow, must make Freddie and Scott Davis laugh) !!!

Stephen Harper is 6th highest paid world leader: study

Does Stephen Harper earn too much money?
According to an Investopedia.com study, Stephen Harper is the sixth highest paid political leader in the world earning an annual salary of US$296,400.
In comparison, US President Barack Obama, ranked 4[SUP]th[/SUP], earns $400,000, while Singapore's Lee Hsien Loong tops the list earning a whopping $2,183,516.

moreluck

golden ticket member
......." Vote all those bums out that won't comprimise for the good of the country........it was seen in the mid terms...."

What was seen in the midterms is throwing out Dems.....replacing them with Republicans. I sure hope that happens too.

You have to realize, when one side draws a line in the sand and says, "You are not spending another dime until you cut the excessive spending", and the other side only proposes bills with tons of spending, then the folks trying to rein in the "bad guys' are looked upon as not compromising. They might not be compromising because they are trying to keep the country from mounting up more unpayable debt!!
"

klein

......." Vote all those bums out that won't comprimise for the good of the country........it was seen in the mid terms...."

What was seen in the midterms is throwing out Dems.....replacing them with Republicans. I sure hope that happens too.

You have to realize, when one side draws a line in the sand and says, "You are not spending another dime until you cut the excessive spending", and the other side only proposes bills with tons of spending, then the folks trying to rein in the "bad guys' are looked upon as not compromising. They might not be compromising because they are trying to keep the country from mounting up more unpayable debt!!
"

I agree with cut spending, but also agree with taxing millionaires more, but you don't !

frank75

"
Has your partisanship eliminated your ability to add? You want D's out and more R's in and you think D's are overspending. Check out your history! Reagan/Bush 1&2 are responsible for nearly 10 trillion of our debt and in all reality much more for the economic disaster they handed President Obama. At least Clinton paid his bills. Your boy Bush Jr was handed a surplus and failed miserably once again in his failed life. Unfortunately we're all paying for these failed republican policies you embrace. Unpayable debt! Classic republican response. Cause a disaster and blame the other party. And you buy it. Unbelievable...

brett636

Has your partisanship eliminated your ability to add? You want D's out and more R's in and you think D's are overspending. Check out your history! Reagan/Bush 1&2 are responsible for nearly 10 trillion of our debt and in all reality much more for the economic disaster they handed President Obama. At least Clinton paid his bills. Your boy Bush Jr was handed a surplus and failed miserably once again in his failed life. Unfortunately we're all paying for these failed republican policies you embrace. Unpayable debt! Classic republican response. Cause a disaster and blame the other party. And you buy it. Unbelievable...

Better check your facts before you go spewing bogus information. The Clinton surplus was a myth and never materialized. It was based on assumptions that did not pan out and it was "projected" meaning it would happen in the future if everything stayed exactly as it was in 1999 when the projection was made. Unfortunatly over the decade this surplus was supposed to materialize in we had 2 recessions, a major terrorist attack on our soil, two wars, and major natural disasters like Katrina to contend with. These were events that were not included in this projection of a future surplus thus the surplus never materialized and is, in essence, a myth.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I know you have your biased sources to say it was there, but it wasn't and here is the proof.

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

The CBO is not a biased a source, it's non partisan and it's analysis is done by people with advanced degrees in economics. Craig Steiner (your source) on the other hand is a republican blogger from Colorado who writes email software for a living. Believe him if you want to, but there is a reason that no one is paying him to do budget analysis.

Last edited:

804brown

I know you have your biased sources to say it was there, but it wasn't and here is the proof.

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

Jones is absolutely correct. Clinton left office with surpluses. It was projected to pay off the entire national debt in about 10 years but Bush jr was "elected" and immediately blew it on huge tax cuts mostly for the wealthy (over $1 trillion over ten yers), 2 unfunded wars that we had to borrow over $2 trillion for so far(the first time in our history where the well off were not made to contribute more in taxes) and the unfunded expansion of Medicare prescriptions (a give away to the pharmaceutical industry). Remember Obama inherited over $1 trillion in budget deficits. CBO "biased"?? LOL