Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
panda_reuters_cropmedium.jpg
Harper succeeds where Pierre Trudeau failed
The PM will be the first Canadian politician to be honoured with this 1400-year-old Chinese tradition.

texan

Well, I sure really can't anymore. I already work 7days a week, and next month if I get into the shutdown procedure of the coal electricity plant, then I'll be working over 20 hrs a day, 7 days a week, doing 2 jobs.

Money, money, money :)

That is great. I hope and pray you continue to do well.

texan

Stephen Harper: Old Age Security changes are 'being considered'.
OTTAWA — Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Friday for the first time that his government is considering
increasing the eligibility age for Canada's Old Age Security (OAS) system, which provides benefits for
people once they turn 65.
Stephen Harper: Old Age Security changes are 'being considered'

Well, I sure really can't anymore. I already work 7days a week, and next month if I get into the shutdown procedure of the coal electricity plant, then I'll be working over 20 hrs a day, 7 days a week, doing 2 jobs.

Work hard or work smart.

klein

Work hard or work smart.

Well, I basically got another job offererd tonight. (the dairy job at Lucerne I had before UPS), told the person that I won't start under $30 hr though.
Union starting wage is $15.94. They pay double time for OT, too. That's how I earned the great money back then, working atleast 6 days a week, and 12 hrs per day.

And yes, did get that same job offered back again before (while I was working at UPS), but turned it down.
My mistake.

I thought hard about it, too. Even told UPS manager about it. But he told me , please stay with us, and that gave me confirmation I was a great person at UPS and recognized, so that's why I didn't quit and go back.

Well, I basically got another job offererd tonight. (the dairy job at Lucerne I had before UPS), told the person that I won't start under $30 hr though.
Union starting wage is $15.94. They pay double time for OT, too. That's how I earned the great money back then, working atleast 6 days a week, and 12 hrs per day.

You know they make medication to help those who suffer from delusions.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member

20 hours a day! You do know there's only 24 hrs. in a day.....unless your time periods are metric.

So getting no sleep and you'll last 3 or 4 days and keel over.

klein

Stephen Harper: Old Age Security changes are 'being considered'.
OTTAWA — Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Friday for the first time that his government is considering
increasing the eligibility age for Canada's Old Age Security (OAS) system, which provides benefits for
people once they turn 65.
Stephen Harper: Old Age Security changes are 'being considered'

Yeah, but on the plus side, we can collect Canada Pension now at age 60 ! :) (we get 2 government pensions - one is CP and the other is Old Age Security).

IT's a big plus, atleast for me.

Moreluck, I actually worked many days more than 20 hrs per day, and I'm used to it.
It will only last for 21 days straight - I'll handle it !

P

pickup

Any nhl hockey games being played tonight in Canada or does the management of the NHL have an idea of what sport supposedly hockey crazy Canadians are going to watch tonight?

moreluck

golden ticket member
But that can't be true because K says Canada is free of crime, has perfect health care and the best maple syrup!!

klein

harper_metrolarge.jpg

Nation to dethrone Canada as economic leader

As unlikely as it seems, this G7 country is in the best spot to bump Canada to second or third among world leaders. One key: jobs

klein

edmonton_108.jpg
Families are making the move to Edmonton
Nearly 82,000 more people decided to call Canada's western Mecca home in 2011 than in 2006.

texan

edmonton_108.jpg
Families are making the move to Edmonton
Nearly 82,000 more people decided to call Canada's western Mecca home in 2011 than in 2006.

You made me pull up a map of Canada to see the layout. North of Calgary.
I imagine the cold is something there. brrrrr
I believe it is a calling to live so far north.
:2cold:

klein

You made me pull up a map of Canada to see the layout. North of Calgary.
I imagine the cold is something there. brrrrr
I believe it is a calling to live so far north.
:2cold:

That's why there is sooo much natural gas and oil in this area, to keep us warm :)